Neptune Aquatics

Anna & Pablo’s RSR P650

It’s finally ready!

2247334C-9121-4440-82C8-375519B17D9D.jpeg

The peps should have no issues surviving in your sump. I had some aips (100s) in my overflow box and sump before and stuck 4 peps in each area. It took them awhile, but they were able to finish up all the aips that were in there.

Gross overflow box full of aips (covered all 4 walls)
1619065380390.png

I discovered today that one of my Neptune wav pumps is not working. I discovered this by actually staring at the propeller. Not turning. No warnings or anything else from the Apex. Zero RPM, temperature is normal.

No problem, I have a spare. I’ll swap them out.

Spare has a broken propeller. I didn’t notice when I bought it used. No problem, I’ll swap it with the one that’s not working.

Bam. Broke the good propeller.
image.jpg
Should I run it with just two blades?

I discovered today that one of my Neptune wav pumps is not working. I discovered this by actually staring at the propeller. Not turning. No warnings or anything else from the Apex. Zero RPM, temperature is normal.

No problem, I have a spare. I’ll swap them out.

Spare has a broken propeller. I didn’t notice when I bought it used. No problem, I’ll swap it with the one that’s not working.

Bam. Broke the good propeller.
View attachment 26112Should I run it with just two blades?
It's better than nothing I guess. It will probably be a little noisy

So the leopard wrasse has presumably been in the sand in a bowl inside the acclimation box for 9 days. I say "presumably" because I never actually saw it dive into the sand (took my eyes off the fish for a moment) and I noticed later that the removable doors to the acclimation box were not on correctly and there was a small gap where the wrasse could have gotten out. Unlikely, but possible.

Should I continue to wait?

I thought about moving the entire sand bowl to my frag tank which is full of pods and no threatening fish...it may be a more hospitable initial environment.

Back