got ethical husbandry?

Anyone going to reefapoloza next month?

I am going. Fly in Sunday and fly out that evening. No more road trips leaving at 2 am for me. Too many incidents from my younger years.

im headed there friday night. then leaving sunday round noon. me and derek will be wandering around. let us know if yall wanna hang out at the convention and then grab some beers after. hopefully we can have beer while walking around

How was it folks? Any pics?
I enjoyed it. No pics.
Really did talk to a lot of different vendors about food mostly.
By the way @under_water_ninja -you can store the tdo pellets in an auto feeder! I asked about that.

A lot of folks selling coral. Some really nice pieces -didn’t buy any as I was flying and was not equipped to bring them home. Next time.

Neptune folks were there.
Met Russ, the one who started the neptune forum. He was great to talk to.

Also, if anyone wants to get a tank -a lot of vendors sell their frag or whole tanks after the show vs taking them with them. Usually includes the aquarium, stand, lights, pk at a substantial discount to what it would cost to buy it new.

Also, if anyone wants to get a tank -a lot of vendors sell their frag or whole tanks after the show vs taking them with them. Usually includes the aquarium, stand, lights, pk at a substantial discount to what it would cost to buy it new.
Good info, storing that one away for later. Thanks!

I enjoyed it. No pics.
Really did talk to a lot of different vendors about food mostly.
By the way @under_water_ninja -you can store the tdo pellets in an auto feeder! I asked about that.

A lot of folks selling coral. Some really nice pieces -didn’t buy any as I was flying and was not equipped to bring them home. Next time.

Neptune folks were there.
Met Russ, the one who started the neptune forum. He was great to talk to.

Yeah I heard from ReefNutrition that as long as they're not in there for more than a couple weeks, it's fine. Definitely switching to these once I run out of my current Spectrum pellets!

Yeah I heard from ReefNutrition that as long as they're not in there for more than a couple weeks, it's fine. Definitely switching to these once I run out of my current Spectrum pellets!
I asked them if longer was ok-and they said yes. Was informed it will smell rancid if it goes bad-high heat -as on left in car for a few hours.

anyone try bringing corals on a plane. Not like snakes on a plane.
I've taken fish on a plane multiple times and it's been extremely easy, surprisingly easy. The TSA agents are always a little excited but you just hand them the fish and they walk it around security and give it to you on the other side. I've only had them run a "test" once and they just held a test strip 6 inches above the water for about 10 seconds and then handed it off to me. That being said, coral may be a little more challenging because they're not clearly "alive" to someone who doesn't know much about reefs.

Back