Jestersix

Anyone has an autoshop that can replace car window?

Glass + labor = $105. That was the deal I could get through the shop I use all the time. He said the normal price just for the glass without labor is $165. I am curious how much another shop would charge. Phong is checking it out so I am sure he will let us know and then we will find out if I really got a deal.

I could get a 50G tank for that much.. I'm sure the 50G use a lot more glass ;D .. Hell even a 10G tank has more glass than that thing >:( ..
I don't have time today to do anything. I will check around tomorrow and let you guys know. I will get a spare key for sure. I hate these car key that has a chip in it. The damn key cost a lot too >:( ..

[quote author=iani link=topic=5626.msg70659#msg70659 date=1229715399]
If just glass is normally 165 the price total cost at a normal shop would have to be 250+ right?
[/quote]

much more man.. labor normally cost the most.. The way this thing install, look like they have to take the whole door apart to put it in. I didn't think of that when I broke the door.

I just called Safelite Auto Glass since they have shops all over because I was curious and they quoted me $185.95 + tax for glass and labor.

hey phong I had to get a key replaced once, that had they alarm on it. it cost me 250 to get it replaced. Once you pay that they have your code in the system and it only cost about 40 to get one if you lose it again! I couldnt believe I had to pay 250 for a dang key!

Dang how many glass shop do you know Aldie? ;D

reefnut, yeah I know.. mine is about the same. A reason why I haven't got a replacement for the one I lost. I should have. Coulda save me some $$ :(

For the last one I opened up the yellow pages, closed my eyes, put down my finger and called whichever one my finger pointed at ;D

Safelite I used to work with as well to have windshields replaced on our RV's but the shop that gave me the deal here in Hayward has still been the best for us in service and quality.

[quote author=newreefnut link=topic=5626.msg70665#msg70665 date=1229716213]
hey phong I had to get a key replaced once, that had they alarm on it. it cost me 250 to get it replaced. Once you pay that they have your code in the system and it only cost about 40 to get one if you lose it again! I couldnt believe I had to pay 250 for a dang key!
[/quote]
Makes me glad I have an old beater.

Phong,

Why dont you try one of those recyclable places that recycle cars that have been totaled. lemme call hubby. Ill post name in a bit. Im sure they will have that part.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=5626.msg70709#msg70709 date=1229725404]
Don't you have a spare key? I'm assuming that the dealer gave you two keys when you bought the car...
[/quote]
Yeah they gave me two. I lost one.

[quote author=70Cuda link=topic=5626.msg70710#msg70710 date=1229726001]
Phong,

Why dont you try one of those recyclable places that recycle cars that have been totaled. lemme call hubby. Ill post name in a bit. Im sure they will have that part.
[/quote]

That's OK Cuda(sorry I forgot your name).. I think the labor cost the most. I saw one on ebay for $30. Exact the one that I need. I just don't know how to put it in myself :D ..

IME, AAA normally takes about 45 mins to get to you. As Phong posted earlier that wasn't a option b/c he was late for work.

Yeah my issurance does cover that stuff but I have to wait for about 45-60 minutes for them to come. If I wan't working on an important project, I coulda wait but I didn't have time that day.

Anyway, I found couple shops down here can replace it for me for $100 out of the door. I actually found one that can do it for $90 but the shop is so gheto so I pass..

Thanks for all the phone calls Aldie but I will go to the shop down here. Don't have to drive up there. Greatly apprecicated!!!!

Back