Cali Kid Corals

Anyone in East Bay lend me a refractometer for one use?

Hi all,

Just started a 12 gallon Nanocube and tank is still cycling. It's only 1 week old. Problem is that I haven't checked the tank for evaporation and when I opened up the hood tonight I was surprised how low the water level is.

Can anyone in the East Bay (Hayward would be great) let me borrow a refractometer for one use to see how much water I need to add?

I forgot where the water line was in the back chambers when I filled it up. I've ordered a refractometer from Drs Foster and Smith but it won't get here till next week. Your help is really appreciated! :)

I wouldn't worry too much since it's still cycling.. Just put in some more water.. how did you measure when you fill up the tank?

i wouldn't worry if you don't have livestock in it. you could borrow a densitometer (or buy a $5 one from a LFS) from me if it will put your mind at ease. I'm in North Berkeley.

Cheers,

Josh

PS: If you spring for a BAR membership (shameless club promotion :p) I can give you a few starter corals as a DBTC. You should also try attending the swap coming up (in Hayward), your tank probably won't be ready to take much for corals, but you'll meet a lot of the club.

I have coralife swing arm salinity hydro-meter you can have. I am in castro valley.
http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~category~Coralife_Deep_Six_Hydrometer_Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies_Testing_Equipment_Optical_Hydrometers~vendor~Coralife~SearchStr~~action~view~idProduct~ES00877~idCategory~FITEOPHD.html

Back