Neptune Aquatics

Anyone know what these are?

Update!
20210213_144628.jpg

Some animals can hold onto fertilized eggs until they are ready to release so maybe these were ready to go after being in the tank with other torches?

We can dna test dogs, why not corals?
What would you be testing them for? And what would you be comparing your results to? A ton of background work has to go into making genetic testing useful. For humans, dogs, agricultural crops, pathogens, etc people and governments are highly motivated and willing to spend the many $millions and many thousand of scientific man-hours to figure out how to interpret the genetic results. Not so obvious who is that motivated for ornamental corals.

What would you be testing them for? And what would you be comparing your results to? A ton of background work has to go into making genetic testing useful. For humans, dogs, agricultural crops, pathogens, etc people and governments are highly motivated and willing to spend the many $millions and many thousand of scientific man-hours to figure out how to interpret the genetic results. Not so obvious who is that motivated for ornamental corals.
So we know if we have inbred corals or not. Obviously.

Why you gotta rain on the parade like that?
I wasn’t actually being serious for us as hobbyists, But I would think at some point it will be useful if reef preservation/restoration gets to a certain point.
In this case I would want to know if the babies are the same as the momma or if they have been mixed with something else.
I obviously have no concept of how torches reproduce so I’ve got a lot to learn.

Why you gotta rain on the parade like that?
I wasn’t actually being serious for us as hobbyists, But I would think at some point it will be useful if reef preservation/restoration gets to a certain point.
In this case I would want to know if the babies are the same as the momma or if they have been mixed with something else.
I obviously have no concept of how torches reproduce so I’ve got a lot to learn.
I wasn’t trying to rain on the parade, I was literally answering your question. I’ll try to be less annoying.

Back