Our mission

Anyone play Guitar? Ukuleles? hehe

kinetic

Supporting Member
I've been messing with a guitar for awhile, took a very beginner lesson, but I've been in music my whole life so I can read notes, keep a beat, and what not =P

I recently got into Ukulele's, they're small and you can bring them everywhere, they're fun and some are kinda cheap, and... well, yeah.

Anybody?

btw goto Youtube and search for jake shimabukuro's videos. He's freakin kick ass on a uke!

I goofed with the uke for a while, until the bridge snapped off while I was playing (POS). I'll stick with my basses, everybody needs a bass player.

[quote author=Thales link=topic=1890.msg18106#msg18106 date=1175265164]
I got a fluke uke. Never worked with it enough to know what I am doing. :D
[/quote]

cool!!! bring it to the next meeting and play for the club!

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=1890.msg18111#msg18111 date=1175271157]
I goofed with the uke for a while, until the bridge snapped off while I was playing (POS). I'll stick with my basses, everybody needs a bass player.
[/quote]

haha yeah, i've seen some that are pretty darn brittle =P

awesome, yeah I've now watched every Jake video available =P

I am taking delivery of a new KoAloha Solid Koa Wood w/ Mahogany Neck concert ukulele this week!

I've learned a few songs so far, including part of one of Jake's. It's not much different than a guitar technique wise, though it's smaller, takes a bit different coercing to make the right sound, and sounds great. Definitely easy to start playing, but will take a lifetime to master.

[quote author=TikiDan link=topic=1890.msg24064#msg24064 date=1189043383]
Am I the only Guitar player? I thought everybody played the guitar!
[/quote]

I used to play the guitar, but ever since I started the Ukulele, I can't play guitar anymore. I dunno why =/ It's tripping me up lol

i strummed on the bass for a (very) little for my brothers punk rock band back in the day. thats the extent of my guitar playing talent.

Back