Neptune Aquatics

Apex Firmware Update Error Question

MolaMola

Supporting Member
Restarting fuge, but light will not stay in Auto or On mode. After messing with it without success, I noticed regular lighting program seems messed up. Now Fusion is no longer connected to controller. Need to update firmware anyway.
Tried update several times with failures due to bootloader (successfully updated that, I think) and finally ended with this message:
Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 12.55.38 PM.png

This is Apex Classic, connected via ethernet to Mac Mini with wifi disabled. I plan to power cycle tomorrow before trying again, but thought I would ask in case Connection Refused is a specific thing someone knows a trick about.
I also bookmarked a bunch of search results with long procedures I can try if needed.

This morning I restarted the unit a couple times, updated the firmware, and after a few tries got the webpages updated, using default admin 1234.
Unfortunately, Fusion still cannot stay connected. Diagnostic keeps saying network has dropped the connection hundreds of times in 24 hours. I checked the DHCP setting, restarted Apex and computer, but no luck. Can only control via display unit. Sent in a help ticket.

This is at the school? Have you talked to the IT dept? Their network could be interrupting the connection.
Usually connected devices ask for data from the internet. Very little is sent back.
The Apex is constantly sending data out. That can trigger a flag in the system.

OK, I will contact them. A few years ago there was an issue when they set up a whole new network. Lucky at the time there was a guy who had a reef tank with Apex at home!
Do I tell them a connection is being interrupted? Or do you mean they might be blocking out due to some sort of security and just need to look and allow it?

My guess is its a security setting. Just need to tell them that your Apex has been disconnecting a lot. I'm sure they can check their logs if it is and why.

Back