Our mission

Aptasia vs Frank's F-Aptasia

Just got in a bottle to try on a few large aptasia I have. Anyone else have experience?

Background. I have a moderate aptasia outbreak a little over a year ago. Berghia Nudibranch's cleared it out, up until now. They probably died off, and a few aptasia probably survived. Now have a few large one's sprouting up again, so gonna try F-Aptasia. Also got some peppermint's to see if it can control the small ones, but not sure if any will survive my leopard wrasse in DT and six-line in my frag tank.

Never heard of the stuff, but doing a quick search seems you shut down all powerheads, it sticks to the aiptasia (or anything else) and then it makes them hard and you break them off or something... saw a post about a guy who left a bottle open and turned into a solid chunk, makes me wonder if this isn't just a watered down version of superglue. Either way. Good luck and let us know how it works.

I bought it a few weeks ago and tried it out a couple times. It certainly works to kill the aiptasia (they don’t come back in the same spot) and hasn’t had any negative effects on anything else. It is apparently very lethal on contact so don’t let any get on other coral. I don’t have any longer term experience to share yet.

Back