Reef nutrition

Aquarium First Aid kit?

gmdcdvm

Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
I realized when I went to buy water that I did not have any salt mix on hand for emergencies (i buy saltwater rather than make my own). This got me to thinking what I should have around in case of emergencies. I’m wondering what others like to keep around for common emergencies. Prior to our solar with a battery I used to have the pump on a battery for a computer in case if blackouts. Testing it out I could get 6-8 hours of flow. So, what does everyone like to keep around for emergencies?

Some preliminary thoughts from me:
Salt mix
Heaters
Buckets
Small battery operates bubblers
Prime
Carbon
Meds (see humblefish)
5 or 10g tank for emergency transfer/separation/treatment

What other items do you keep on hand?

Gerry

Hello Everyone,
I realized when I went to buy water that I did not have any salt mix on hand for emergencies (i buy saltwater rather than make my own). This got me to thinking what I should have around in case of emergencies. I’m wondering what others like to keep around for common emergencies. Prior to our solar with a battery I used to have the pump on a battery for a computer in case if blackouts. Testing it out I could get 6-8 hours of flow. So, what does everyone like to keep around for emergencies?

Some preliminary thoughts from me:
Salt mix
Heaters
Buckets
Small battery operates bubblers
Prime
Carbon
Meds (see humblefish)
5 or 10g tank for emergency transfer/separation/treatment

What other items do you keep on hand?

Gerry
Maybe implicit, but a bunch of RODI pre made. Also if you want to be extra careful, that saltwater should be near tank temp or easy to get up to temp

I actually just picked up a back up pump for when/if the primary fails.
I agree. A stock of RO is important.
Just looking at ways to protect the investment. Essentially, if something went wrong with your tank at say 2 or 3am or when all the stores are closed what do you think you would need on hand to limp along and buy some time?

G

Last edited:
Polyfilter to absorb stronger stuff from water. They have usb air pumps now too
Oh get a battery backup that can run regularly pumps too. Their like $100 and under. Maybe a large storage bin incase you need to transfer water and livestock out if the tank in emergency.$10 or so at Costco. I like the black ones with yellow lids.

Oh get a battery backup that can run regularly pumps too. Their like $100 and under. Maybe a large storage bin incase you need to transfer water and livestock out if the tank in emergency.$10 or so at Costco. I like the black ones with yellow lids.
I don’t think those bins have been $10 for a while now.

Back