Kessil

ATI essential pro

am thinking of using the ATI program on the frag tank. It looks intersteing. A friend of mine in Denmark uses it and the reef he keep is amazing..
Anyone used this program?

Part of their program is nutrient control program that has
nitrate, carbon and phosphate additives..

I've seen similar things before with stuff like this, like purposefully adding nitrate to a tank not ATi brand stuff though. Seems straight forward though, something that you help adjust based on whatever parameters you have. Maybe something I need to look into with undetectable nitrates but phosphates in the 0.1 range.

I almost went with ATI which seems similar to ESV - 2 part that includes trace. I went with BRS 2 part with Tropic Marin C for cost effectiveness but that takes up 3 slots on the doser vs 2 for ATI.

I didn’t know they had C N and P dosing. That’s essentially what I’m doing using white vinegar, GLA potassium nitrate and GLA monopotassium phosphate.

ATI says their products won’t increase potassium so it could be sodium nitrate and trisodium phosphate.

Also, they say their carbon doesn’t have alcohol.

I’ll be following.

What are you planning to keep in the frag tank? Mostly SPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost went with ATI which seems similar to ESV - 2 part that includes trace. I went with BRS 2 part with Tropic Marin C for cost effectiveness but that takes up 3 slots on the doser vs 2 for ATI.

I didn’t know they had C N and P dosing. That’s essentially what I’m doing using white vinegar, GLA potassium nitrate and GLA monopotassium phosphate.

ATI says their products won’t increase potassium so it could be sodium nitrate and trisodium phosphate.

Also, they say their carbon doesn’t have alcohol.

I’ll be following.

What are you planning to keep in the frag tank? Mostly SPS?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At the moment my plan is
Dose ati essentials
Use a blend of biodigest/special blend for bacteria
Use ati C for carbon
Rowphos and activated carbon
Will continue to use zeovit zeolite for ammonia and nutrients control

Lets see how it goes.
The ati program looks very imterating that's why I want to give it a try. Its also highly concentrated and dosing is more reasonable than bionics..

Last edited:
Yeah as Omar said, it's nice because they just tell you how much to use, but the cost of that is well cost. Where as if you went more the "DIY" approach it largely is a guessing game, luckily for stuff like carbon dosing there are good guides out there, don't think I've seen a nitrate or phosphate dosing guide largely because dosing that is still relatively new in the hobby as the idea of purposefully putting that into our tanks seems crazy :D

Yeah as Omar said, it's nice because they just tell you how much to use, but the cost of that is well cost. Where as if you went more the "DIY" approach it largely is a guessing game, luckily for stuff like carbon dosing there are good guides out there, don't think I've seen a nitrate or phosphate dosing guide largely because dosing that is still relatively new in the hobby as the idea of purposefully putting that into our tanks seems crazy :D
Also there the advantage of the extra elements similar to bionic.
While I got the product p and n, I hope I will not use it. Carbon dosing plus bacteria is something I really like to run on my systems.
That being said be warn, carbon dosing can mess the system up if done with haste or randomly..

Planted tank folks dose macros all the time and there are some good calculators out there to determine your ppm in a given volume of water per dose.Just figure out which product on the drop down you're going to use and go from there.

Here's a link to one of the best known calculators. Select your total system volume, DIY, your compound, and premixed or dry dose. I would highly recommend creating a solution that you dose a certain ml of to reach a target ppm. You can easily reduce it or increase the dose by dosing more or less based on your testing parameters. If you want to try this please do your research as to which componds are best for reef dosing. Most of them are represented.

Example KNO3 - Potassium Nitrate for 100g volume

KNO3 dose.PNG

Wow that is a surprise... although I guess it shouldn't be they're basically making a garden in the tanks and need to add "fertilizers"

Wonder if there would be any differences freshwater vs salt.

It takes a bit of research but it’s so much cheaper to make your own solutions. I spent $33 to get started and will probably never run out of nitrate and phosphate solution.

I used a similar calculator to create my own solutions:

- 5ml for 3ppm of nitrate
- 1ml per .01ppm of phosphate

This is for my system though (55 gallon total water).

Test, measure and dose. Super easy.

I got my stuff from Green Leaf Aquarium:
524df58bbe7aa0b761bf0a4a902c7aad.jpg

But if I could do it again, I would use sodium instead of potassium since I’m not measuring potassium.

It takes a bit of research but it’s so much cheaper to make your own solutions. I spent $33 to get started and will probably never run out of nitrate and phosphate solution.

I used a similar calculator to create my own solutions:

- 5ml for 3ppm of nitrate
- 1ml per .01ppm of phosphate

This is for my system though (55 gallon total water).

Test, measure and dose. Super easy.

I got my stuff from Green Leaf Aquarium:
524df58bbe7aa0b761bf0a4a902c7aad.jpg

But if I could do it again, I would use sodium instead of potassium since I’m not measuring potassium.
No queation making your own mix is cheaper..the problem is if you add the extra additves, cost adds up big.
Now argument can be made, would u even need the extra additives? Unless u run heavy sps I would say the wc should be enough..

What "extra stuff" is in the ATi Nutrition? I mean they're not exactly forthcoming with what's in it and I don't see any claims on their website.

What "extra stuff" is in the ATi Nutrition? I mean they're not exactly forthcoming with what's in it and I don't see any claims on their website.
Although I was referring to pre preoared solutions like bionic and ati in general where you get more than just alk and ca compared to home diy.

Here is whats supposedly in ati essentials (beside the mag/alk/ca). I do not think they will lie given they depend on icp tests.
ATI ESSENTIALS PRO, claims 28 extra elements in their 2 parts dosing..

"ATI Essentials Pro also provides the elements for your corals metabolism and coloration, such as: boron, bromine, fluoride, potassium, cobalt, chromium, iron, iodine, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, rubidium, sulfate, vanadium, zinc etc."

I believe similar but leas extensive addit8ves also in the bionic and even redsea beside the alk and ca..

Ah gotcha, ok I was just referring to the "Nutrition" that adds carbon, nitrate or phosphate.
Yup.
as for the nutrient program it's simpler actually
Part c is carbon for carbon dosing
Part n is nitrogen (increase no3)
Part p is phosphorous(increase po4)

Last edited:
Although I was referring to pre preoared solutions like bionic and ati in general where you get more than just alk and ca compared to home diy.

Here is whats supposedly in ati essentials (beside the mag/alk/ca). I do not think they will lie given they depend on icp tests.
ATI ESSENTIALS PRO, claims 28 extra elements in their 2 parts dosing..

"ATI Essentials Pro also provides the elements for your corals metabolism and coloration, such as: boron, bromine, fluoride, potassium, cobalt, chromium, iron, iodine, lithium, manganese, molybdenum, rubidium, sulfate, vanadium, zinc etc."

I believe similar but leas extensive addit8ves also in the bionic and even redsea beside the alk and ca..

Tropic Marin C has 70 elements. From their rep: Part C does contain Mg and all 70 trace elements found in natural sea water.

I do like that ATI is only 2 parts though. It’s one less thing to worry about and should be relatively cost effective on a frag tank.

Back