Reef nutrition

Aussie Gold Torches

I'm not sure, nothing abnormal. 5ppm nitrate. Keeping chemistry as stable as I can. 35 PPT salinity

Last edited:
I’m actually convinced my ”spawning” was a polyp bail out. I was moving it one day and shook it hard and it immediately bailed out. I spent hours fishing all the little polyps out of the tank so they wouldn’t sting my other corals.

I’m actually convinced my ”spawning” was a polyp bail out. I was moving it one day and shook it hard and it immediately bailed out. I spent hours fishing all the little polyps out of the tank so they wouldn’t sting my other corals.

Wow!

Can’t tell you exactly what I’ve done but mines has managed to stay alive for a year and a half but it grows incredibly slow. I bought it as a tiny fingernail sized nub (wouldn’t even call it a single head since it didn’t have any branch/base to it). My parameters aren’t super stable and they’ve fluctuated quite a bit since the tank was set up about a year and a half ago. First pic is the nub and second is a recent pic. No idea how many heads are under there since it doesn’t fully retract its polyps at night.
9d23d91e17e6e959d85622fca0f366db.jpg
e7d99965428c515d1ab4f25f1fed3983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can’t tell you exactly what I’ve done but mines has managed to stay alive for a year and a half but it grows incredibly slow. I bought it as a tiny fingernail sized nub (wouldn’t even call it a single head since it didn’t have any branch/base to it). My parameters aren’t super stable and they’ve fluctuated quite a bit since the tank was set up about a year and a half ago. First pic is the nub and second is a recent pic. No idea how many heads are under there since it doesn’t fully retract its polyps at night.
9d23d91e17e6e959d85622fca0f366db.jpg
e7d99965428c515d1ab4f25f1fed3983.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow that’s impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back