Jestersix

Back from vacation...

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
... and tank is still looking ok!

Had a house sitter/friend feed it and top it off (peristaltic pump tubing when kaput on me and couldn't get any here in time). But I was happy, I kept it simple in that I put food in tiny cups and 2 part in containers such tha 1 dump per day was all that was necessary.

In other news, I felt my age on vacation, as I found out I can no longer ride the roller coasters I used to love to ride, one concussion (maybe) was all it took for me to give them up. :(

Just a SoCal trip, went to Magic Mountain (which nearly killed me), then disneyland (where it was a bit more relaxing) then spent a few days at my cousin's house in San Diego.

Aw man, could've had you pick up a few things from SD ;) Glad you had fun and hope that concussion business goes away. How packed were the parks when you went?

Magic Mountain was only open on the weekends, but it wasn't very packed at all, although that park seems like a joke for how often rides were breaking down. Disneyland was very empty, it got a little busier later in the day, but most rides were simply walk through the queues to get to the front, the Indiana Jones ride I saved for the end due to the shaking and jerking of that ride and that had a very small wait, only 30 minutes. Overall that's the primary reason I went this time of the year, schools are back in session, and weekdays keep the locals away as well, of the kids that were there where the few who's parents took them out of school, and Aussie kids which I'm guessing is because this is their summer and their schools work on that premise too.

Back