Kessil

Back in the hobby, new member….Im not Randy lol

The good old BARE days, playground sand group buy anyone?
I see your bag of sand and raise you, to the SEABay days where someone (Dan?) brought a 50lb bag of pickling lime/kalk to distribute. In hindsight it was not the smartest thing to be scooping tupperwares of kalk in an indoor environment. Hah it was a cloud of kalk.

Last edited:
:D 20K is the new whiter spectrum :D

I forgot about Euroreef. Last I heard, he was doing youtube reviews of cigars. Brian (H&S US for many years) passed away in the last two years (RIP, he was a really nice guy)

The good old BARE days, playground sand group buy anyone?
That and tons of Dow flake! Haha

Almost forgot about the sand...wasn't it called First down play sand or something like that?

Like BARE bottom? What did the E stand for? And what year did BARE begin? I can't seem to find any old history in the forums
Bay Area Reef Enthusiasts ...can't speak on when it started, but I do know when I was going on there I was still on DSL connection and one of the youngins that thought aiptasia was cool..lol

SEABay is even older...before my time on the forums..like mid 90s I'm guessing...Saltwater Enthusiasts Association I think..I could be wrong...an OG can chime in on here and keep me honest of the name

I was on BARF mid 90's, Bay Area Regional Fisherman. We would group up and go get tuna about 15ish miles past the farallons or whenever you hit the blue water line and birds! More boats the better safety in numbers in case one of us had trouble lol was still crazy in my 24ft Mako out that far!
Think I was on Earthlink dial up! Kinda miss that dial up modem sound !

Back