Jestersix

Bar Competition Event

Alexx

Supporting Member
Guys, this year was kind of a boring year with the events for the bar and I was thinking to create 2 events. If you can ignore my writhing mistakes that would be great, I think I did a lot of mistakes but that should not stop us to say what we want.

The first event would be an event about corals

You can do submission with your favorite coral based on each specific category:

- SPS
- LPS
- Softies
- Zoas
- Other

Or we can create other categories up to you guys.

For this event, we can do it in multiple ways.
Each user will have a date deadline, to submit up to 2 or 3 images of his favorite coral and maybe a short video.
You can submit one entry for each category

There will be 2 commissions for each category:
- One commission to decide the winner will be, a designated BAR commission
- And the second commission will be forum favorite coral and to get this, I guess you would need to get the most amount of like interaction. Or maybe we can have a voting system as well.

Not sure if we will do this only for Bar Members to be able to participate or maybe we should do the people's favorite coral, maybe should be for everyone on the forum, so everyone can submit his favorite coral and also cast a vote of his favorite corals.

The second event would be about the best-looking fish tank:

The user will be able to submit maybe a maximum of 5 images of his tank and a maximum 1-minute video.

Of course, there will be a deadline to submit the images

And again we will have 2 commissions:
- A designated BAR commission
- People's favorite tank where the winners will be based on the most interaction on a user post.

Maybe we will have the top 3 tanks here, so we will have a total of 6 prizes.

About both competitions details:
For prizes we will have maybe gift cards, equipment's and maybe ppl will donate some cool corals for some prizes (we have to see about this because maybe some of the winners don’t have a really good system, so if they win, maybe they can’t use the corals that they win in the system).

Maybe we can make the competitions for BAR Supporting Members, and maybe we can do People’s favorite to involve everybody that is on the forum, so we get more people involved with us.

So these are basically my draft ideas. If we decide to do something, maybe we can do each competition on a separate post, and then we can discuss the details about each competition in the forum individually if you guy thinks we can do something like this. But I think it can be 2 nice events since we did not do much this year because of this pandemic.

For the peaople's favorite competition, we can use corals that will be donated from other users if we will get anything. And we keep the gift card prizes for the Bar Supporting Members Competitions.

For December, we can do the fishtank completion, so by Christmas time, the winner can get some nice prizes.

Last edited:
I like the coral idea. Especially with multiple categories.
Voting can be done with an online poll fairly easily.

Mixed feelings on overall tank competition.

Back