High Tide Aquatics

Berghia group buy

Have question about them, do they go after regular anemone like CSB? Thanks.
They only eat Aiptasia. This good because they won’t bother anything else period, and bad because they will starve after they eat your Aiptasia unless you can catch and re-home them within a couple days.

Last edited:
Bear in mind that Berghia start starving within a couple days of not having Aiptasia to eat. So when you buy them it needs to be coordinated with everyone picking them up within a day or so of when you get them.
Thanks for all the helpful tips John.

How do these tiny berghia find aiptaisa in a large tank? Seems like a tiny little guy could travel all over my 150 gal and never bump into a aiptasia. Can the berghia just smell or sniff it out?
Just curious.

How do these tiny berghia find aiptaisa in a large tank? Seems like a tiny little guy could travel all over my 150 gal and never bump into a aiptasia. Can the berghia just smell or sniff it out?
Just curious.
It might not find it but an interesting question!

Just curious.
They are amazing at finding them. It’s not randomly bumping into them or seeing them like we would. Presumably some kind of chemical scent but I don’t know scientifically.

Does anyone know if Melanurus wrasse will eat the nudis? I currently have a 3.5-4” melanurus wrasse in tank and worry they’ll be snacks. Thanks.
Various non-fairy wrasses have been reported to eat Berghia, but many report that they don’t. It seems to be hit/miss and difficult to predict for an individual wrasse and system unfortunately.

Does anyone know if Melanurus wrasse will eat the nudis? I currently have a 3.5-4” melanurus wrasse in tank and worry they’ll be snacks. Thanks.
I have a large, 5-6 inch, Melanurus, and the berghia not only survived but multiplied. I think it helps that Berghia are nocturnal and the wrasse sleeps in the sand at night. I started with about 8 from @JVU in a 105. My tank appears to be spotless from aptasia now. It took awhile, but they are very thorough. Definitely recommend these nudis.

What ended up happening? I am in search of some Berghias. I'm in San Mateo, don't need that many as my tank is only 20 gallons.
I’m not sure if a group buy happened or not, but my Berghia breeding project has been going well and I’m nearly caught up with my waiting list for selling them. Anyone who is interested in them can PM me. I‘ve been selling them for less than the online businesses and there is an additional discount for supporting members of BAR too!

Back