Cali Kid Corals

Best LFS

What’s up guys,

I have been in the hobby for about 4 years now. I have been a loyal customer to aquatic collection for most of my reefing life and have no complaints about them. Their staff, coral, and selection is top tier in my opinion. Though I am on the lookout for high end (not necessarily name brand/$$$$) acropora. Are there any other shops in the Bay Area that you guys would recommend to find some nice sps? Or anyone on this forum with frags/ willing to frag? Let me know :)

I just picked up nice size branching frags of Walt Disney, Helios, Pink Floyd, Arc Fireworks and other at a really good "member" price. Established members are an excellent source of great corals.

That being said here's my opinions of the local LFS that are good for higher -end corals.

AC -- Great selection. Incredible service and knowledge base from the owners.
Neptune -- Biggest selection around for both corals and equipment, but by far the priciest of the stores. Still you can find some bargains in the lower dollar tanks if you look for hidden gems.
Clearwater Aquariums -- Great selection of corals and fsih, and by far the best prices. Incredible bargains on high end corals if you hit them at the right time. Also the friendliest store in the area.

Back