Kessil

Best place to buy CUC online?

Preferably where im not required to buy 100 hermits per order. Also i just checked liveaquaria theyre out of stock on half the CUC's. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I used reef cleaners and purchased the 10 gal kit. Then recently purchased a few additional pieces. My experience has been positive with them but I’d say they do tend to over delivery which can be bad in a small tank if the crew starts dying off and making a worse nutrient problem. I would recommend them, but suggest that you either build out your own pack or buy one that’s undersized for your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of Reef Cleaners. I've used them many times. Ceriths, Nassarius, Nerites, ship free with a minimum usually. I always just pick what I need rather than going with one of their packs.

I'd ask club members. :) Too bad we don't have a swap in our near future. We have a vry special member that sometimes puts together an awesome group order.
I know club members are always generous with CUC's. I remember getting a cup full of baby trochus snails from randy at a CFM once.. all of which my damn dino killed. Im taking this shelter in place thing seriously tho and trying to minimize leaving the house.. thus the online option.

Me too. But in these times I get people not wanting to go in to a store.
@jepoy I would considering calling them and seeing if they can bag up what you need and charge your card over the phone and put a box outside for you if you are ok with driving over there.
As a matter of fact i emailed AC today asking if they did curbside service and they do.. also gave me a list of snails in stock. I have an essential errand on wednesday and im considering driving a little extra to AC to pick up snails.

Also they had nitrile gloves! Was in dire need and that was a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, I needed to grab a replacement pump for one that was acting wonky, felt like ages since I'd been there (probably only like 5 weeks). But yeah, they got gloves, masks and installed a polycarbonate shield in front of the cash register area. They doing good work to try to say "clean" and protect themselves and customers.

Last edited:
I’ve heard that all major livestock importers have shut down or significantly reduced operations. So if you are going to need CUC that doesn’t reproduce in our tanks, now’s the time to get it before it becomes unavailable.

I’ve heard that all major livestock importers have shut down or significantly reduced operations. So if you are going to need CUC that doesn’t reproduce in our tanks, now’s the time to get it before it becomes unavailable.

It's a good point. There's a number of wholesalers that shut down last week and the week before for the foreseeable future.

Back