Jestersix

Best under $20 item you've ever bought for Reefing

Bad ass. How much work is it to put together? Difficult?

I’d say it’s relatively easy. No soldering required, just some wire striping, wire crimps/nuts and screws involved. If you want the stress relief for the cables coming of the box, you need to drill holes. Probably takes a whole of 20 minutes to complete and clean up. If it’s the first time doing it, maybe slightly longer.

It’s pretty much this, but wire two switches in series.

This app for iPhone is definitely my favorite 1.99 I’ve ever spent in this hobby

Attachments

• FFC93E06-B91D-4BFC-87DF-88B9572B82B3.png
    FFC93E06-B91D-4BFC-87DF-88B9572B82B3.png
    333.2 KB · Views: 129
A 1000 mL Class A volumetric flask I bought several years ago for $18. Hands, down, the best purchase I ever made for my reefkeeping experience. I've made up literally hundreds of liters of various solutions (including lots and lots and lots of solutions while developing the Trident) using it, and it's still in use today.

Cool thread!

I have always kept a few critter keepers handy for random things. Currently using one as an acclimation box for a fish. I also mag it to the outside of the tank to use as storage for when manually removing algae. Yep not as cool as above but handy. lol and janky looking for sure. But light weight and cheep.

1654810522696.png

mine
Carbon fiber fancy :) Not to measure forceps, but mine is 1" longer :-D

Mine is a bathroom mat. I stole it from my wife but I’m sure it was cheap at target when she got it.

Every time I dip frags, do water changes, do water tests etc I bust out the mat and the floor/table/whatever stays nice and dry.

I've mentioned these before, but these 2 for $20 feeding syringes are amazing:

Aquarium Choice Coral Feeder Long Syringe Tube 2021 Newest Version 58CM/22.83Inch Length Two Units(Patented Product) https://a.co/d/hcUbUAf

They pull a good amount of fluid or food in, and are very easy to use one handed whether you want to drip out reef roids or squirt bigger food chunks at LPS/anemones. I've bought a large variety of other feeders, including the big pipettes, the two fishies Julian's thing, and turkey basters. These are way cheaper and far superior to all of them.

Screenshot_20220609-215434~2.png

Screenshot_20220609-215439.png

I do all my feeding with the wheel. Works great.

Back