got ethical husbandry?

Better small ATO than Tunze Nano?

So I now have a third failed Tunze Nano unit. They always fail the same way -- they start filling over top of the float switch, not tripping off until they hit the time limit. Yes, the float switch is floating freely and yes I can *manually* trip the ATO by moving the float with my fingers. (Just for clarity, the Nano unit, Model 3152, does not have an electric eye -- only a float switch). They seem last a year, or two. Is there a better solution out there now or do I just buy another Tunze Nano and make my parts drawer a little richer? :p

Is there any reason you're opposed to the 3155 instead of the 3152? I don't know what makes an ATO "small", but I went with the 3155 because of its reliability after hearing issues of the 3152, and it's working happily on my little 20g system.

Is there any reason you're opposed to the 3155 instead of the 3152? I don't know what makes an ATO "small", but I went with the 3155 because of its reliability after hearing issues of the 3152, and it's working happily on my little 20g system.
I do have an idle 3155, I'll have to see if it will fit in the AIO compartment the 3152 is currently in.

I went with a 3155 over a 3152 because of reviews for my IM nuvo 10 gal. You'll want to open the control box and set the flow to low so it doesn't overfill and set off the alarm every time you turn it off and on, super easy to do.

Xp aqua duetto smart ato. Best ever imo and it’s even so good that Neptune’s incorporates that optical sensor in their new units. Many company’s sell the same sensor just rebranded I just like auto aquas since it has a high/low sensor instead of the single

I love the smart micro ato... only thing is the alarm is sure annoying.. it's a single sensor though... usually works well but have had it overfill once on one of my tanks

I love the smart micro ato... only thing is the alarm is sure annoying.. it's a single sensor though... usually works well but have had it overfill once on one of my tanks
The only alarm on the auto aqua one is when the pump runs for too long, which I really like cause that means it’s time to refill the ato reservoir. Granted not the best for the pumps life so I try to keep it full but when I forget it’s a nice reminder.

Back