Reef nutrition

BJD killed my torch :(

Arvin R

Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I purchased a glow light torch a couple weeks ago and it's been fine until this morning. It's losing flesh and has this slimey stringy stuff coming off it. Which I believe is brown jelly disease. Do you guys think Cipro can save this?
20220127_102441.jpg

Last edited:
I just got some Cipro so if the wiser ones amongst us recommend a dip, you can drop by and grab a few.
Def looks like brown jelly diseases unfortunately. Checked with a buddy of mine and he says with the tissue already melted on the edge it may be too late.

How long has the light been on? Sometimes torches look like that when they are pooping. The flesh looks like it has been receding for some time tho. Either a Cipro or Chemiclean dip is needed.

Also check out this thread @robert4025 did to save his torch with Cipro.

How long has the light been on? Sometimes torches look like that when they are pooping. The flesh looks like it has been receding for some time tho. Either a Cipro or Chemiclean dip is needed.

Also check out this thread @robert4025 did to save his torch with Cipro.
Light has been on for a few hours but I just went downstairs and noticed this when I made the post. I did try blowing it off with a turkey baster when I first saw it not realizing that it has already set/did damage. I have chemiclean. How do I use it as a dip?

I'm giving it a dip in chemi clean for a few hours. Trying to decide if I want to continue this and also chemiclean my whole tank after the dip to continue treatment or not.

Anyone know where I can source some Cipro to keep on hand for the future? This seems to be the most successful at treating brown jelly from my quick online search.

Anyone know where I can source some Cipro to keep on hand for the future? This seems to be the most successful at treating brown jelly from my quick online search.
Got mine here

Lost this one...going to be ordering me some cipro to have on hand for future issues.

Attachments

• 20220128_125606.jpg
    20220128_125606.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 129
Back