Neptune Aquatics

BRS Calcium Chloride and Soda Ash

Here’s the guy I buy from. He’s in LA tho. I can get you a bucket if you’re not in a rush.

Here’s the guy I buy from. He’s in LA tho. I can get you a bucket if you’re not in a rush.
Hmmmm. I was hoping not to switch things up and just use BRS, but i suppose this is forcing me to switch. Do the pellets just dissolve into the same ratio as the BRS powder? I mean it should all be the same stuff right?

Hmmmm. I was hoping not to switch things up and just use BRS, but i suppose this is forcing me to switch. Do the pellets just dissolve into the same ratio as the BRS powder? I mean it should all be the same stuff right?
How much do you need? I am on the fence of buying by the bucket . If you are interesting split ( doesn’t have to be 50-50) let me know .

I just followed Randy Holmes Farley measurements and dose accordingly. I really don’t use that much calcium.
Yeah they don’t make the stuff. They just buy it from somewhere else and call it pharma grade. Come on. Don’t buy into the hype.

I’m interested. Get me a 50lb bucket if you have a chance. Not in a rush.

Make the soda ash yourself. If you don’t know how. Go to Costco. Buy the big bag of arm and hammer baking soda. Bake it for a hour at 350. And there you go. You have soda ash.
That’s a pain. It’s cheap enough to buy (imo) and not worth the savings to deal with baking it

They may just be getting rid of their old packaging. My new 5 gallon set came in small plastic bottles as opposed to bags
PXL_20240212_010005822.jpg

Anyone knows how many gallons solution from 35lbs BRS soda ash ? My tank is consuming 1g a month and its increasing. Need to buy in bulk.

Anyone knows how many gallons solution from 35lbs BRS soda ash ? My tank is consuming 1g a month and its increasing. Need to buy in bulk.
Exactly. Why dont they tell us the weight of the 1 gallon mix? Everything is so deceptive. I'll weigh some when I get home and calculate the cost

Ok. I measured. Check my math.

It takes 11oz to make a gallon of supplement. So....
1 gallon mix at $9 will cost you $13.09/lb
A 35lbs bucket costing $160 is $4.57/lb
A 7lb bag (Discontinued) is $4.57/lb

Ok. I measured. Check my math.

It takes 11oz to make a gallon of supplement. So....
1 gallon mix at $9 will cost you $13.09/lb
A 35lbs bucket costing $160 is $4.57/lb
A 7lb bag (Discontinued) is $4.57/lb

Thanks! I’m sure your math is correct. Another way to look at it is

1gallon mix individual pack $9
35lb bucket will make 51 gallon, which is about $3.10 per gallon solution. 1/3 the price

So essentially BRS is forcing 3x the price or forcing people into 35lbs. AND they will need to get alk TOO. Marketing genius over there. I've about had it with this hobby. Ive had problems in every aspect of this hobby. Im on the edge of shutting down.

Back