High Tide Aquatics

Build thread etiquette?

ebrown7

Supporting Member
What is the general build thread etiquette in terms of where to post your build thread or when it's OK to duplicate on multiple sites? I frequent both reef2reef.com and bareefers.org as well as sometimes visit humble.fish as well. I'm getting ready to start a build thread and post about my plans / experiences, but am not sure where I should be posting. I realize I'm asking a biased group, but folks here must have already dealt with the same situation. Is it considered OK to just post the same info to multiple sites/build threads? That's what I'm inclined to do.

What is the general build thread etiquette in terms of where to post your build thread or when it's OK to duplicate on multiple sites? I frequent both reef2reef.com and bareefers.org as well as sometimes visit humble.fish as well. I'm getting ready to start a build thread and post about my plans / experiences, but am not sure where I should be posting. I realize I'm asking a biased group, but folks here must have already dealt with the same situation. Is it considered OK to just post the same info to multiple sites/build threads? That's what I'm inclined to do.

Sure. It’s your build thread and time! Do what makes you happy.

What you said you are inclined to do of posting the same updates on multiple sites is totally fine with BAR. You will find that the conversation with other members will also take your build thread in unanticipated directions, so it’s not like the the tank journals will be clones of each other. If you find one site more interesting or fulfilling you’ll naturally gravitate more in that direction anyway.

The only thing that usually doesn’t really work is if your post on BAR doesn’t contain content but just refers people to check out your update somewhere else. It isn’t against any rules or anything, but is not likely to generate much positive interest and doesn’t really do anything for the community.

Back