Reef nutrition

Cali Kid Coral Farm Tour (poll)

Can you attend a tour of the Cali Kid Coral Facility?

• Yes Thursday 9/5

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes Monday 9/9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but will attend RAP Anaheim

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No, not attending RAP

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters

Darkxerox

Facilities, Events, LFS Partnership
BOD
Hi all,

Our amazing LFS Partner Cali Kid Corals and @Cbruno80 offered to give us a tour of their SoCal facility around Reefapalooza Anaheim. Possible dates would be Thursday before the show 9/5 or Monday after the show 9/9. This is due to their busy schedule setting up and taking down things. I realize some folks would make a family trip out of this weekend so if any of these days works for you, please vote below!

I could maybe bring Ruby down with me for a day at Disneyland.

Can I bring a kid on the tour? She's a good kid...mostly. :D

This has sparked a whole plan with my wife to go to Socal as a family so I should be able to attend a tour without a kid. I think Monday makes a lot more sense than Thursday, though, given the dates of the RAP?

This has sparked a whole plan with my wife to go to Socal as a family so I should be able to attend a tour without a kid. I think Monday makes a lot more sense than Thursday, though, given the dates of the RAP?

I would argue the opposite.
If the tour isn’t until Monday then you are storing corals in a cooler from Saturday or Sunday all the way until you get home Monday night.

I wish the tour could be Friday or even Saturday, instead of Thursday. But I’d rather take the tour Thursday, and then be able to head home Saturday or Sunday right after buying corals at RAP.

USB/Battery powered air pump and heater will be your bucket’s friend!

KEDSUM Battery Aquarium Air Pump, USB Rechargeable Fish Aerator Pump with Accessories for 0-60 Gallons, Portable Aquarium Bubbler Pump for Fish Tank, Outdoor-Fishing, Power Outages and Emergency
https://a.co/d/7HdeX2l

YukiHalu USB Powered Aquarium Heater, 10W Adjustable Mini Fish Tank Heater with External Temperature Controller, LED Display, Used for 0.5-1 Gallon Tank (10W USB)
https://a.co/d/fBnF884

I would argue the opposite.
If the tour isn’t until Monday then you are storing corals in a cooler from Saturday or Sunday all the way until you get home Monday night.

I wish the tour could be Friday or even Saturday, instead of Thursday. But I’d rather take the tour Thursday, and then be able to head home Saturday or Sunday right after buying corals at RAP.
That is a good point, but Thursday results in such a long trip it basically just becomes a deal breaker. The day I really want to attend RAP is Sunday when vendors are looking to clear out their inventory, that's always when you get the best deals.

That being said - are you actually driving down? We are flying but I'd love to find a coral ferry if I buy anything!

That is a good point, but Thursday results in such a long trip it basically just becomes a deal breaker. The day I really want to attend RAP is Sunday when vendors are looking to clear out their inventory, that's always when you get the best deals.

That being said - are you actually driving down? We are flying but I'd love to find a coral ferry if I buy anything!

Yes I will be there, and may attend Sunday depending on when the CaliKid tour is, so we can probably work something out. (FYI you are able to bring corals on the plane with the correct preparation).

Last edited:
Yes I will be there, and may attend Sunday depending on when the CaliKid tour is, so we can probably work something out. (FYI you are able to bring corals on the plane with the correct preparation).

Even with the correct prep, its always at the descretion of TSA :(

FWIW I never had any issues, but I always had my Reef Nutrition business cards with me and t-shirt on lol

Thanks for sharing. That video is awfully mistitled though - lol.

8 minutes of TSA growout contest fluff and "travel depends on your airline and TSA agent - i had to open my container. YMMV"
This one is better, I watched this one more recently:

Wish I could go down, but I can’t handle driving that distance. If anyone is thinking of driving down and wouldn't mind company, I'd be open to playing copilot

Back