Welcome to BAR - the Bay Area's premier saltwater hobbyists hub!

Can You Help Out?

Guest
Joined
Nov 7, 2005
Messages
3,600
I am bumping this thread - I am planning on going! :bigsmile:

Question is who else is going?
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
AWESOME! Obviously T and I. Anyone else? If you raise $100 you'll get a "Walk" t shirt.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
197
What time is this walk? The earlier, the better! I gotta be back at the store by 11:30am. Hopefully nothing throws me back this day.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
I'll check for sure, but I think it's a 9:30 start and you can walk either 1.5 or 3 miles. I hope you can make it, Cerissa.
 
Guest
Joined
Jan 17, 2009
Messages
197
I'd love to go. If it starts at like 8 or 8:30am....I'm there! Heck, I'll even run it. hehehehe! ;-)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
Yeh, the Walk itself starts at 9:30. Here's a link to our team page, then click on Event Info to see that mornings schedule.
http://memorywalk.kintera.org/sf09/savingminds
 
G

GreshamH

Guest
How did it go for them? I spoke to my moms friend and they said it was a great turn out down here. My dad helped set-up for it in fact :) I was in Atlantic City so I could attend neither :(
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
The Santa Cruz Walk was on a different day. Haven't heard anything about it. Ours will happen Oct 10 on Treasure Island. Word is, though, that contributions, so far, are down from last year.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,793
shoot, I didn't see this early enough =(

It's good to see our own community trying to help out. I think the power of these clubs is really to branch out as well from the usual focus, because we have a way to spread the word and be exposed to different causes we wouldn't have originally.

Next time for sure I hope to come out to another walk. Is this an annual event?
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,793
Hey I think I can make it out for the walk. Is it too late to join? I don't have any sponsors, I did do a donation though.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
That's Great! No, it's not too late to sign-up. Just go to the link a few posts up. And thank you for the donation. Would your company or coworkers contribute? Hopefully we'll meet up with Eileen and the rest of the team for the walk.

Anyone else?
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,793
Ok I just signed up. Too bad I made a donation earlier before I signed up, now it won't keep track of it here, but that's all good. I'm excited to be part of this.

Anyone going to the BAR meeting afterwards?
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,793
Can I apply my previous donation to my signup page? I'm going to send out a few emails now to my co-workers to see if they'll also pitch in with some sponsoring.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
We should be able to get your donation applied to yourself. T is emailing the Alz Ass. about your donation. I just PMed you. I'm glad you'll be able to participate. I will be coming to Chabot for the meeting. If you don't eat lunch at the Walk, you should be able to make the start of the meeting. I will most likely be late.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,793
patchin said:
We should be able to get your donation applied to yourself. T is emailing the Alz Ass. about your donation. I just PMed you. I'm glad you'll be able to participate. I will be coming to Chabot for the meeting. If you don't eat lunch at the Walk, you should be able to make the start of the meeting. I will most likely be late.

I can't skip lunch, so I might be late too. I'll play it by ear =)
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
After the walk there will be food for sale and a band playing old rock, if it's the same as last year. You can either bring lunch or buy it. I don't know how close you'll be able to park to the picnic area. It might be a little walk if you leave your lunch in the car.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2007
Messages
3,928
The Walk is Saturday morning! It makes for aa fun morning for a good cause. Who else wants to join us?

Just a quick update on Theresa's mom. She's in the late stages of the disease and the latest word is that she is having trouble swallowing liquids. Not good.
 
Supporting Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2007
Messages
3,793
Sorry to hear about Theresa's mom =(

Anyone else from BAR coming out? I'm going to sleep early so I can get there without too many cups of coffee.

Also where can we park at the event? I have to drive, as I need to jet down to the BAR meeting, then Neptune Aquatics, then San Jose after that.

See you guys tomorrow!!
 
Top