Reef nutrition

Casey's Red Sea S-1000

Have the monitor stands been working well? It’s such a great idea
So far so good. Being able to move them back for maintenance has been handy. At one point when I was moving it though, the ball socket joint slipped and the whole rack tilted downwards almost 45º. There was no way I was going to take off all the wiring to remove the rack and re-torque it down in position, so I ended up propping the rack back up, then drilling in a hole for a set screw so it won't slip. If I were to do this again, I'd sandwich epoxy in the cup then drill a couple set screws to lock it in position.

1706726478204.png

Last edited:
Did you try putting in a manifold off the return pump? I am thinking about getting the S-850 but it seems like the aluminum frame might get in the way of mounting a PVC run

Not a manifold, but I do have one of the return lines re-routed to plumb a UV sterilizer inline.

In red is where there'd normally be an elbow to go up. There's space in this cabinet compartment.
1000004436.jpg

1000004437.png

Yup red sea includes parts to plug the connecting pipes. The stock piping has clips on the back wall to support it. The white PVC I added is just being supported by the bulkhead on top and uv connections on bottom. Though I should add some strapping to help support some of the hanging spans.

Yup red sea includes parts to plug the connecting pipes. The stock piping has clips on the back wall to support it. The white PVC I added is just being supported by the bulkhead on top and uv connections on bottom. Though I should add some strapping to help support some of the hanging spans.
Ah I see, thanks. Is there a barb on their Y adapter for connecting both returns? Is the barb 1"?

Also, what are the dimensions of your main sump (without extension)?

Last edited:
Back