Cali Kid Corals

Caught him!

So the foxface rabbitfish that saved my 69g tank from Caulerpa covering the rockwork has outgrown his home. He's now 6-7" long :eek: He has a new home waiting for him here in San Ramon in a 200g setup some of us helped with recently for @Holly94583.

I'm posting this because she sent me a link to a DIY trap video that worked like a charm. Slightly modified Rubbermaid 1 gallon pitcher with lid for $10 and a bit of airline tubing. I carved out half the lid so he couldn't easily swim out after pulling it vertical. It was set in the tank with the cleaning magnet holding the bottom of the pitcher to the side of the tank with some nori inside. Left some in yesterday for him to get used to eating the nori inside the pitcher and when i added more today, he went right in 2 minutes after I added it. 1 pull and he's waiting for pickup! Thank you Carole-ann!

I'll gladly lend out the DIY trap to anyone that needs it sans the $80 cleaning magnet :)

PXL_20220327_014557143.MP(1).jpg

@Da_Neefer and @JVU Thanks for the vids!
I have a Magenta Dottyback that is terrorizing my anthias. It actually killed a med size male bimaculatus. It's been in the tank for over a year and apparently is very teritorrial. The fins of my evansi anthias are a chewed up. So this mad magenta dotty has to go! I tried the club's fishtrap and had no luck. It just would not go into the trap. I wonder if this trap will work. I'll have to give a try.

Back