Jestersix

copepods in the bay area?

MikiCab

Supporting Member
Anyplace to get Copepods in the bay area. I live in Pleasanton. Last time I got them shipped to me from Alaebarn but I am scared the weather is so hot they will be a Copepod bisque when I get them. Let me know if I am wrong about ordering from Algaebarn in the summer. I just don't know if it will work in this hot weather.
Thank You
Richard

IMG_4174.jpeg

Have plenth of Apocalypse pods in stock and I’m sure you’d get your moneys worth with my stuff. PLUS supporting members get a discount.
That is either a very pale lager or a jar of Copepods. I am in Pleasanton. Where do they sell these? I am on your website and these are not for sale on there. Are you lo

Last edited:
That is either a very pale lager or a jar of Copepods. I am in Pleasanton. Where do they sell these?
Sadly I can’t get a store to be consistent with ordering. Everything is direct right now. Shipping is around $18 but if anything happens with the order you are covered. If you wanted to go with me I have a whole list of products that you can add onto the order for no additional charge.

Sadly I can’t get a store to be consistent with ordering. Everything is direct right now. Shipping is around $18 but if anything happens with the order you are covered. If you wanted to go with me I have a whole list of products that you can add onto the order for no additional charge.

So no problems shipping in this heat? I was hoping for local pickup since I am scared they will get cooked.

@Srt4eric just got a shipment last week and said there was no issue.
I got a take with a large Hair Algae problem. Last time I had an issue like that I got the Ecopods from Algaebarn and it was a miracle. Within a week the entire tank was cleaned out. Ecopods had 4 different kinds of pods in it Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops and Oithona. Do you think the apocyclops are right for this job?
Also how do I order. I was on your website and it did not have Apocyclops.

I got a take with a large Hair Algae problem. Last time I had an issue like that I got the Ecopods from Algaebarn and it was a miracle. Within a week the entire tank was cleaned out. Ecopods had 4 different kinds of pods in it Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops and Oithona. Do you think the apocyclops are right for this job?
Website is outdated. I haven’t had time to be able to go over it. Tisbe and Apocyclops are going to be the ones that actually stay in your system and can reproduce. The other two are mainly filler.

If you feel algaebarn is your better option I don’t want to force you to go with me. This is just a hobby for me. I just know people switch from algae barn to me and not just because you can actually see my pods

Personally, I'm not a fan of the multi species options. They out compete each other anyway in the long run. I'd definitely recommend giving @Coral Hub (Nathan) a try. Start a private conversation with him and take advantage of that discount! The single species bottle you will get is going to be loaded. I've tried tisbe, tigger, and apo and all were thriving and far denser in population than I've ever got from any other vendor. I'd order some tisbe and apo and let them do their magic. Good luck.

I think it is worth giving local business the business. I will give him a try.
Ok. Put my order in. I am sure it will be good.
Thanks for all the advice and happy I found a local company.

Last edited:
Back