Cali Kid Corals

COR20 vs Vectra M2?

IOnceWasLegend

Frag Swap Coordinator
BOD
Been waffling back and forth on these; leaning very much towards the COR20, but haven't decided just yet.

Anybody have any inputs/thoughts on one versus the other? I'm running an Apex and I'll have Mobius as well for lights.

I’ve had a few cor20’s break on me. Probably 3 or 4 at this point. I like the pump but based on my experience I’m a bit sketched out by the durability.

But … the cor 15 has never given me trouble. No clue why lol. The bonus of the cor15 is you don’t need a power brick either as the 1Link is all it needs.

If you wanna try a cor15 you can borrow my spare.

Not the M2, but I put a Vectra L1 on my main tank 4 1/2 years ago and it runs great. I heard rumors of an issue with the L1 so I got an L2 as a hot swap backup, but haven't needed it yet.

Software won’t really matter once the MXM module comes out though it will probably cost you around $100 to control Vectras via Apex. So it really comes down to hardware and support.

I personally absolutely hate the 6-pin molex connector they use for 1-Link. I’ve broken a couple because it is a pain to take out. So, if I was using a cor15/20, I would use a power brick instead. Granted you don’t need to pull it out often, but when the time does come, it’s super annoying. I always have to use a flathead screwdriver to push the latch down. And most of the time, the eb832 is in a crappy position to be pulling it out.

I haven’t had an issue with any of the S2/M2/L2 pumps I had over multiple years of use. The S1/M1/L1 did have that thermal issue melting the plastic shaft where the impeller goes, but that issue was fixed in the second gen (S2/M2/L2).

My experience with Neptune and Ecotech support have been great actually. I’ve been able to get replacements pretty quick and reliably when a problem has arisen.

Back