High Tide Aquatics

Coral’s touching suggestions?

borker

Supporting Member
Dumb question but...
My Cyphastrea and ??????? have begun to touch and attack each other.

Have never had this problem before but in a nano tank seems like it will be common.

What do people typically do when corals begin to touch?

Cyphastrea is encrusted and there’s no place great to move this purple guy.

16059336414eaf852febaab7753aedfa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Won’t they strike a balance and only kill that edge of the coral? Won’t they continue to grow in other directions?

Another picture with color calibration:
- Frogspawn left of frag
- Meteor Shower cyphastrea below
- GSP in bottom left

It could be a goldmeister but they say it's "maroon and gold" - mine looks more 'purple and green'

So it could be toxic pie.

Frags look to be pretty expensive - so is like $200 a good price for the colony? Any takers?

Attachments

• IMG_3465.JPG
    IMG_3465.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 133
Won’t they strike a balance and only kill that edge of the coral? Won’t they continue to grow in other directions?
It depends. If one is pretty dominant, then it will continue to grow and overtake the other one. It may take a long time depending on the size and how aggressive it is. I have several in my tank that bump each other, and over time the less dominant one loses ground.

More or less...mostly because I can't reach and get to the offending coral. In a couple of cases, I do scrape away the more aggressive, encrusting coral edge so that the other coral has a chance to grow and get bigger.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. So what’s reasonable for the colony which is 3”x 4.5”?

Assume it’s worth more than a frag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back