Reef nutrition

Coral problems

nnero66466

Supporting Member
Just bought the coral in these pics and they were beautiful at high tide but over past 3 days this is what is happening. Please need help. One on frag rack is a hammer Green a touch and I forget the others name

Just bought the coral in these pics and they were beautiful at high tide but over past 3 days this is what is happening. Please need help. One on frag rack is a hammer Green a touch and I forget the others name
Photos?

Hopefully you don't have the torch and hammer near each other esp on the same rack?

Hammer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 42
The hammer appears to be gone, unfortunately. The 2nd is likely a goniopora, cant tell how well it's doing. The torch is still hanging on.

They should have been okay in a 7 month old system, so there's something else going on. Flow is important but impossible for us to tell from pictures. Have you checked and calibrated your temperature?

Edit: In your colorful Goni picture there also appears to be an unhappy leather. That's not a good sign. Do you have any corals that are doing well?

Just got them 3 days ago
That's a little concerning to me, if it was lights or flow I would think it would take a little longer than just 3 days for the coral to get to that point. Most likey your parameters are off. There could be many many guesses.

Best way to get help is make a tank journal as suggested.

List all equipment, lights, filtration, wave makers, full tank shots.

And all parameters. Salinty, Alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, phosphate, nitrate. Temperature.

Also i would indclude what test kits or testing methods your using to take those readings- some are much better than others, some tests are utterly useless
Also is the possibility you could be testing using wrong methods of conducting the tests (user error).

Do you do water changes, how often?
Do you use rodi water etc?

All that to say a very detailed journal will help people understand or see something that's a possible issue and direct you with possible solutions.

Lack of information your providing is the problem currently no offense intended.
With what you've currently shared anything suggested is merely a guess at best.

If you don't have all the test kits, kenny at high tide could accurately test them for you if you got him a water sample fyi.

Click that link, create post and start the journal.

Last edited:
Back