High Tide Aquatics

Could this be a baby euphyllia?

MichaelB

Supporting Member
I've been noticing the last few months green specs floating through the water that apeared to look like the tips of hammer corals. All euphyllia looks wonderful. Never gave it any second thought as they all looked great.

I mostly have hammers.
2 torches a green and a dragon soul.
1 frog spawn green purple.

Just wondering I noticed this on my rock structure in a area of lower flow towards top of tank. Not the best pictures but I could clearly see what looked like tenticals before I thought to take these pictures. It’s like half the size of a pencil eraser.

The only green Lsp/ softie in this tank is hammer, torch, neon toadstool, and duncans.

Any thoughts as to what it could be?

Attachments

• 20240524_220753.jpg
    20240524_220753.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 61
  • 20240524_220729.jpg
    20240524_220729.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I can’t really tell from the pics but does it look like this in person?
It looked like a very tiny one possibly of course by the time I thought hey let me get a picture it closed as lights began dimming routine. Ill try to get picture tomorrow if it's still there. I did see what appeared to be tenticals moving about.

It looked like a very tiny one possibly of course by the time I thought hey let me get a picture it closed as lights began dimming routine. Ill try to get picture tomorrow if it's still there.
The pic I attached is a green majano anemone. I don’t think your LPS would just spread to a different part of the tank like that

The most obvious reason that you’d see a hammer coral polyp tip floating around is that it became detached after stinging another coral.

What you are seeing may be a baby spawn, but we can’t tell for sure from that picture. Just give it time.

Here it is.

Here it is.

Thanks I was able to find it earlier from search feature. It really looked like the second picture but all green. I've been looking hard for it all day still no signs of it. So at this point i'm more leaning towards the fact it could have been anything lol.

I'll keep a ɛyɛ out in the future for any more in any case.

Back