High Tide Aquatics

Cruz Mc5’s family reef tank

Cycles done already? Wow
Fritz turbo start is great. The tank was processing ammonia almost immediately after adding it to the tank. Allegedly you can add fish immediately, but I wasn’t quite ready for that. But I am impressed with how well the tank is handling Nitrates already.

So we added a green/purple hammer and an acan as well. So far everything has actually been responding nicely to the tank.

AA0DA7D9-0B68-4C9B-AECF-0BEB3E34B722.jpeg
6AE899D2-3135-4B81-B7A0-8C8D074802B0.jpeg
74BB93A5-D61B-441B-9CA6-A2EB170404A5.jpeg

Can't remember if you have tested your alk yet? Would Be smart to test at same time of day 2-3 times a week if you can. Keep that stable and you should do well.

Be careful with high mag - Will freeze up snails and eventually kill them.

FWIW, I recall seeing negative effects at around 1600.

Added our first group of fish today. Got our 5 Lyretail Anthias out of lockup and also grabbed 3 ORA clownfish. 2 regular occelaris and then a premium black ice clownfish to add a little diversity. So far everyone seems to be settling in nicely. We also added 2 turbo snails and have a cleaner shrimp floating in a bucket with an air filter waiting for him to molt. I’ll get some pictures added later. Definitely not how I expected today to go, but it’s my anniversary and my wife wanted to take the fish home today when she heard how well they were doing. I’ll be making a drive back home from my parents house to feed the fish, but luckily it’s only 30-40 minutes or so.

And here’s some really bad pictures of the fish.

They all had to jump into this shot.

49914EEB-10C1-4F71-B2BC-64D57F9F9405.jpeg

Here’s the black ice clown with his blurry buddies.

AEE434FE-1BFC-4E37-8712-5412461E3495.jpeg

And a full tank shot. This was before lights came on so the corals are all pulled in.

B96EC0A4-7BD1-4BDD-A74D-0414C9EDD463.jpeg

They said it should be ok given their size/age, the fact that they’re captive raised, and then the size of our tank. It’s something we’ll keep an eye on and be ready to remove one if we see any issues, though. This morning when I ca,e out they were all sleeping together in a ball.

So it was your idea and they said ok? Just curious. I'm no expert. I would never recommend more than a pair in any tank. I've seen it work, but I also saw a guy shooting up on the sidewalk the other day...

So it was your idea and they said ok? Just curious. I'm no expert. I would never recommend more than a pair in any tank. I've seen it work, but I also saw a guy shooting up on the sidewalk the other day...
Yeah. It was our idea. And we talked about it and decided to give it a shot. I’ve seen other tanks that have done fine with 3 clowns. But like I said, we’ll keep an eye on them and are ready to pull one if it becomes an issue. I’m not sure I’d equate it to shooting up with heroin though.

I didn't say what he was shooting up. And I equate it because it's something I've never done, but have seen others do. Definitely not judging or telling you what to do. Thanks for the info.

I have 3 in my small 70 gallon softy tank. Two davincii and a Wyoming white. They been together for over 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back