High Tide Aquatics

DBTC: Black widow anemone

@IOnceWasLegend so I have a nearly identical anemone I've kept for 15+ years. Should I create a new DBTC or should we combine? Also wondering where you got yours originally since mine was from the south or east bay too if I recall. Thanks!
If you’ve had it for 15+ years it probably isn’t a “black widow” anemone because the craze to name every morph of bubble tip anemone wasn’t really a thing back then as I recall (I could be wrong of course). So, yes I’d make a new DBTC, and make sure you only give it a special name if you have some lineage history to make you confident, as opposed to it just looking similar.

Ok sounds good! It looks so similar and I was curious if they had a similar origin locally. Where did yours come from @IOnceWasLegend ?

Attachments

• 20220614_224216.jpg
    20220614_224216.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 94
Mine tripled in size but not splitting. Fed it 1 shrimp a day for a week, hoping that would irritates and split. It has been 16 months View attachment 45310
It likes it in your tank :) You need to feed it more I think. You almost have to overfeed it from what I read or cause an alkalinity spike. You can also cut it :) I did cut a nem in the past cut it was too big.

Back