got ethical husbandry?

DBTC: Captain Jerk

Are these ugly polyps palys??! My friend Steve at lucky ocean gave me this for free

Attachments

• 7ABA8202-5F7C-4886-89B6-0E87C0E1C03F.jpeg
    7ABA8202-5F7C-4886-89B6-0E87C0E1C03F.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 0F1FED93-ECCD-415D-BAAE-5E76A245AC70.jpeg
    0F1FED93-ECCD-415D-BAAE-5E76A245AC70.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 77
Well today, I found a snail curled up in it's shell, sitting next to the Captain Jerks! Is this coincidence or is the palytoxin of Cpt Jerks deadly to snails as well?

In this photo the snail is to the right of the palys, that's the bottom of the shell with the snail foot retracted in there. There is also a large snail to the far right, ignore him.

IMG-6156.jpg

Well, I'm convinced. These have to go, but before murdering them, does anyone have a tank that they are will to accept these guys in? They are quite nice looking, I wish I had a proper camera filter to take a photo of them without it coming out completely blue.

I don't want to pass death around to other club members, but if anyone understands the risks and wants them, they can have them. I would not have taken them had I known of their toxicity.

I might offer them to the LFS if they are willing to take them, but then ... would there be a risk of them selling them to someone without a warning? I'm sad if I have to murder them.

Vince

Last edited:
Well today, I found a snail curled up in it's shell, sitting next to the Captain Jerks! Is this coincidence or is the palytoxin of Cpt Jerks deadly to snails as well?

In this photo the snail is to the right of the palys, that's the bottom of the shell with the snail foot retracted in there. There is also a large snail to the far right, ignore him.

View attachment 46693

Well, I'm convinced. These have to go, but before murdering them, does anyone have a tank that they are will to accept these guys in? They are quite nice looking, I wish I had a proper camera filter to take a photo of them without it coming out completely blue.

I don't want to pass death around to other club members, but if anyone understands the risks and wants them, they can have them. I would not have taken them had I known of their toxicity.

I might offer them to the LFS if they are willing to take them, but then ... would there be a risk of them selling them to someone without a warning? I'm sad if I have to murder them.

Vince
Don’t think of it as murder, but rather self defense

Back