got ethical husbandry?

DBTC: Gonzos golden dragon

max_nano

Supporting Member
Coral description
Gold shroom
First frag to @Meshmez

share 2 frags then grow it out for yourself. Please don’t join the chain with the intention of selling down the line

I have another one of these to share but am just waiting for it to attach to something. A baby has been chilling in the egg crate after escaping the shroom cup

38C9A28D-DC50-40E8-B642-7596789DD706.jpeg

Got a baby to @reefjedi

I have my piece that I offered to @bfirecat then others will need to wait on some of the babies I gave out to grow. Bfire will be getting my last piece as I move away from shroom corals for a bit

Here's the shroom after direct feeding Coral Frenzy:

IMG_6487.jpg

After the meal:

IMG_6488.jpg

What are the chances of this letting go and floating around? I've never had issues with shrooms moving around but I've been seeing shroom boxes on this forum and I'm starting to worry...

Here's the shroom after direct feeding Coral Frenzy:

View attachment 17573

After the meal:

View attachment 17574

What are the chances of this letting go and floating around? I've never had issues with shrooms moving around but I've been seeing shroom boxes on this forum and I'm starting to worry...
In my experience with them once it’s attached to something your fine. The boxes are very helpful after fragging them though because it takes some time for them to get a good attachment with the foot. I have somewhat high flow in my tank so I kept them in a container I cut some holes into so they didn’t get any strong direct flow.
Here’s a pic of the container: If you look closely you can see I like to live dangerously so I put a little bta in there for some excitement
A743C69F-C85F-4D12-A9CC-01DC1E890451.jpeg

i have put them in a little tupperware with a piece of screen rubber banded over the top before when they were loose. i have never had them let go and float once they attached.

i have put them in a little tupperware with a piece of screen rubber banded over the top before when they were loose. i have never had them let go and float once they attached.
Yes that exactly what I did when they were freshly cut. I had to tie two rubber bands together but it worked!

Mine is in a similar range, maybe even below 100. I never had mine split, I cut mine in half and then cut one of the half’s in 2 again for 1/4, 1/4, and 1/2 sized pieces. I dipped it in revive and put them in a deli container filled with rubble with a net top wrapped over it with rubber bands. But they will grow to the size of a quarter then start splitting according to LC

Back