Reef nutrition

DBTC: Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

812c0e266250878563ea94f01e05118f.jpg

jonmos75 I am curious how to remove my nem for the rock. I know you said you only give them out once they are on the glass but is there a way you get them to move? I need to move my nem to another tank and need to get it of a rock that I don't want in the new tank.

BTW your RBTA's look great and everyone has such success with them it's awesome.

Thanks

Ryan

I have had success massaging the edge of the foot (be careful not to damage the foot. Once it lifts just a bit then try to carefully massage the underneath of the foot, this is harder on rock but it can be done.

I have hear of people using ice cubes to have them release. I have not tried this method.

Mine had its foot so deep in a crevasse that I couldn't reach the edge of it. @Vhuang168 told me to suspend the rock it was on above my tank with just the anemone's tentacles touching the water.
IMG_4056.JPG

He said his held on for 3 or 4 hours. I left mine overnight thinking it would do the same. The next morning it was still dangling. I put it back in the water but still upside down and tried again the next night and it finally dropped. On the second night, enough of it's foot was exposed that I was able to massage it a bit which I'm sure helped. I was a bit concerned that it was going to die but she's doing well in her new home.
image.jpg

Back