got ethical husbandry?

"DIY" Apex Dashboard for iPad

Is there a way to rotate the display in the app? I keep my tablet mounted in portrait mode and the display is set up for landscape.

Is there a way to rotate the display in the app? I keep my tablet mounted in portrait mode and the display is set up for landscape.
There is not. I had this same issue after 3D printing a portrait-mode wall mount for my iPad and confirmed there wasn't a way to rotate it.

@phatduckk Any particular reason why you are accessing datalog.xml?

All the relevant data is present in status.xml
Disclaimer: the number of downloads was really low last time I check so I haven't been active in the code at all... so this is off memory

status.xml shows the snapshot data... ie: what's ph at right now... all the stuff on the main, "tile" display.
datalog.xml is use for the historical data. in the app when you tap on any of the tiles you get a graph and that's when I pull the datalog.xml

What’s the minimum version if iOS/iPad OS supported by Reef Tiles?

Is it possible to support older OSs?

I bought an iPad mini2 from a colleague, based on suggestions on here, but boo :(

It’s running iOS 9.3.5.

CCC913DB-D11B-481A-A123-AA3016E1E944.jpeg

Last edited:
@phatduckk how were you able to bypass the CORS policy error while accessing the .json over the local network?

Did you have to pass the Access-Control-Request-Headers in your fetch calls?

I am trying to read data from the http://apexhostname/cgi-bin/status.json file from my own web page like mywebsite.com/index.html ?
I keep getting a CORS policy error.
woah... never had that problem. straight, vanilla GET requests always worked fine for me

1639601233853.png

Before implementing a new system or a change in existing software https://mlsdev.com/blog/top-custom-software-development-companies, you must have a clear idea of what you're trying to accomplish. Before you hire a custom software developer, you'll need to define the project's scope and determine how much time and resources will be required to complete it. Ultimately, custom software will be the best choice for your business, and will help you achieve your goals. Once you've chosen a company, the next step will be hiring a team of developers who can create the customized application that you need.

Last edited:
Was really excited when I discover this app, but it’s stuck at Searching your network with my AC3 pro. Any suggestion to resolve this? Tried on different IPads with same result.

Back