got ethical husbandry?

Dosing Containers

Is there any disadvantage to just drilling the plastic caps that come with our various supplements and feeding a tube through there?

I'm trying to track down some cheap dosing containers, but also wondering why I couldn't just punch a hole through the cap and run tubing into the bottle? Assuming I'd put a pin prick in another part of the cap to let air out

Thanks!

I use 1 liter Kerr jars...just bought some plastic tops from Amazon and a few threaded mur loc fittings from BRS.

Attachments

• 16116265542025482803612005375694.jpg
    16116265542025482803612005375694.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 128
Is there any disadvantage to just drilling the plastic caps that come with our various supplements and feeding a tube through there?

I'm trying to track down some cheap dosing containers, but also wondering why I couldn't just punch a hole through the cap and run tubing into the bottle? Assuming I'd put a pin prick in another part of the cap to let air out

Thanks!

I have done that and use a 1/4” push connect bulkhead with 1/4” acrylic tubing for the inside and just use ro tubing to run to the pump and tank.

JIUWU White Fittings Bulkhead... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YGR2ILM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Thanks!
I do that for my small bottles of stuff. Definitely works and is the cheapest option.

Do we need the bulkhead / fittings for the caps or can I just drill a 1/4” hole or slightly bigger to feed the tube through

you can just feed the tube. I just do it so I make sure that the tube is not pulled out on accident and I’m consistently able to draw the full bottle amount before filling. Plus it helps with spills if the bottle is knocked over.

Last edited:
Back