High Tide Aquatics

Dr Reef dead fish AGAIN!!!

@popper dont know if you’ve been to my store, High Tide Aquatics? I only sell fully quarantined fish, my sales system does not have copper, salinity is at 1.025, and the fish are all fat and healthy! I can also order just about any fish you like. I order from quality marine who have basically the largest selection of wrasses anywhere. @Meshmez ya that episode was so rad, I love Bobby! He is supposed to be giving me a call today or tomorrow. I should be a certified qt vendor on humblefish soon!

@popper dont know if you’ve been to my store, High Tide Aquatics? I only sell fully quarantined fish, my sales system does not have copper, salinity is at 1.025, and the fish are all fat and healthy! I can also order just about any fish you like. I order from quality marine who have basically the largest selection of wrasses anywhere. @Meshmez ya that episode was so rad, I love Bobby! He is supposed to be giving me a call today or tomorrow. I should be a certified qt vendor on humblefish soon!
I haven't had a chance to head your way, but read nothing but great stuff about your shop.

From 8\5 to today 11\30, Dr Reef fish came in deflated bags with dead fish. The only two time the bags were inflated, the fish survived. They shipped it 5-6 times, every time they're dead. Today a flame angel is DEAD!!!

This is costing them a lot of $ to replace. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, even suggested to use a different method to tie the bags. They use metal rods.

I'm hesitant to post on larger forum since I know it's a tough business. BUT DAMN...that's about 12-14 dead fishes vs 2 survivors.

it's cold and they use one heat pack.
Dead fish are the most costly.

Metal bands are standard in the wholesale side of the biz. They're extremely reliable. IF they are poorly adjusted, they can pinch the bag too much. The machines do need adjusting after so many bands being applied.

Cold is a hell of a lot better then too hot. Most fish enter the states on the cold side, upper 60, low 70's is the norm. You can't really put heat packs in when packing in tropical conditions.

Back