Reef nutrition

Dumb bandsaw question

Krustykrab

Supporting Member
I have one of the club bandsaws which I plan to use this weekend. Question: do I put fresh or salt water in the saw? Seems like saltwater would be better for the coral but bad for the saw. And how full? The company instructions say something about no higher than the bottom sponge. I went to a BAR fragging workshop but didn’t see how to set up or clean the saw. Thanks

I have one of the club bandsaws which I plan to use this weekend. Question: do I put fresh or salt water in the saw? Seems like saltwater would be better for the coral but bad for the saw. And how full? The company instructions say something about no higher than the bottom sponge. I went to a BAR fragging workshop but didn’t see how to set up or clean the saw. Thanks
I believe they are made for saltwater in the bottom. Freshwater would also shock and increase stress to already stressed coral.
Screenshot_20240816_230707_Google.jpg

From a quick google search.

Saltwater in the saw. Fill it up so that it barely touches the bottom of the wheel inside. You can also add a few drops of iodine if you have some.

I generally replace the water in between if you are fragging different types of coral.

I always threw RO in the bottom of the saw and had tank water dips for before and after to get the mucous off. Guess I cared about the saw more than the coral I was cutting, lol. I never had any bad luck with losing frags from what I cut. One anecdote for it working the other way.

So not a dumb question.

Back