Kessil

Ecsenius stigmatura - anybody?

kinetic

Supporting Member
I just ordered a pair of Ecsenius stigmatura from liveaquaria's diver's den! They usually go for $45 (like reefermadness), on LA they were $80 for the pair. I know reefermadness also tacks on shipping cost, but you'd have to spend $150+ to get an order shipped =P

Anyway, I've always wanted one, but couldn't find any in stock. Finally LA had a pair, so I just ordered them. They should be delievered Wednesday.

Anybody else have kept these blennies before?

yup i've been looking for awhile. I was going to tack it onto that rm order we were going to do, but this pair I couldn't pass up on =)

i'll probably still buy something with your order for RM whenever you're going to do it though ;)

I'll post pictures on Wednesday!

The fish will have done a loit of travaling since they first landed in LA (near RM), but, Kevin at Live Aquaria has a very good eye for quality fish. You'll be very pleased I am sure.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=1793.msg16904#msg16904 date=1173144447]
The fish will have done a loit of travaling since they first landed in LA (near RM), but, Kevin at Live Aquaria has a very good eye for quality fish. You'll be very pleased I am sure.
[/quote]

Yeah after buying a few things from LA / Kevin, I never hesitate to buy livestock from them. Everything was in such amazing condition when I got it from my last orders. Kevin also responds so quickly and takes time to give tips and suggestions to help out.

tail spot blenny, right? that was actually what i was thinking of ordering with the rm order too. rarely see them in the bay area (i think the only time i saw one up here was at octopus garden last spring, but they wanted around $80 for it).

i actually found one that i picked up in la last summer at a lfs, real cute and did the standard blenny thing (mostly perch on rocks and in my zoas, pick at passing food and algae, etc.) with no unusual behaviors that i noticed for the 6 months i had it until it died when my classroom tank crashed in january.. its one of my girlfriend's favorite fishes (like the strips on the cheek) so i'm trying to get another one and put it in my home tank.

actually hey, can you tack another tail-spot to your order if they got one? i can paypal or bring cash and pick it up from your place on wednesday.. i just thought of that..

They're doing great! Put them in the prop tank on Wednesday. They were pretty stressed, a lot of white sploches on their backs. One of them is less stressed than the other, and much better condition. Yesterday after I turned the pumps off for about 5 minutes, they swam around and found each other. Now they're hanging out on the same rock, different holes. I will try to document the pair, and try to figure out how to distinguish the two sexes apart... not that I'll know which is which immediately, but they should have some markings or something.

They both started grazing a bit, but my damn flame angel chases them if they ever wander very far from the rock. It's too bad... I think I'm going to give the flame away soon.

The blennies aren't eating any spirulina flakes, nor mysis though I think they're herbivores anyway. I will try nori from petco tonight to see if they go for that.

416284982_5e3ceef4c3.jpg

416284849_e24046aa30.jpg

416285316_520c017c5d.jpg

white spots:
416285214_e41efe036d.jpg

Back