Our mission

End of the Year Tank Shots?!

That purple and yellow lord looks really different! Are there a bunch of little clove like polyp hitchhikers under your orange Homophyllia australis?
I was told the Lord was a Joker...and I've seen a few different lord colors under the Joker name. But it quickly became a favorite.

The scoly base is covered in a single sponge colony. They both seem to make it work so I haven't had any reason to trim/remove the sponge. I assume the sponge will not be a problem....

Finally transferred the live stock from my 20 aio to the new 50; aquascape is still in transition as is the light set up.

Cheers!

12.2022 - Copy.jpg

I was told the Lord was a Joker...and I've seen a few different lord colors under the Joker name. But it quickly became a favorite.

The scoly base is covered in a single sponge colony. They both seem to make it work so I haven't had any reason to trim/remove the sponge. I assume the sponge will not be a problem....
If possible
I would pull the scoly out and use a stiff toothbrush to brush off the sponge
the sponge annoys the coral preventing an ideal living situation for you valuable and beautiful scoly
just a thought….

Here is a shot taken today before the end of the year 2022.
I cleaned up all 4 sides of the glass, moved all the visible snails and hermits into a ditch :), and turned off all the living room lights.
The shot was taken with Sony full frame + 50mm 1.4 with a brown filter.
1672459998367-png.44330

Last edited:
Start of new year tank 12 second video.

PXL_20230108_232154423.jpg

About 2 to 3 months in. Easiest tank I've ever had. Possibly because of the combination of cooked rock, live sand, and likely mostly the large water volume. I also think I've likely been running too much flow historically. I'm running way lower flow than previously and everything seems to have a lot more extension.

Start of new year tank 12 second video.

View attachment 44595

About 2 to 3 months in. Easiest tank I've ever had. Possibly because of the combination of cooked rock, live sand, and likely mostly the large water volume. I also think I've likely been running too much flow historically. I'm running way lower flow than previously and everything seems to have a lot more extension.
Nice!

Back