Kessil

Eric's 60ish gallon build.

Make sure to cut the overflow weir slots lower to allow the water line to drop 1/2"

A little better. I'm going to grind a few more down.

20241019_205459.jpg

@Adauqua has a screen he previously used on this tank that I'm going to grab for the time being. I really can't afford the almost $500 just for a custom lid right now. Even if I could afford it, that much on a lid is crazy
I’d really recommend a ClearView Custom lid. I recently did one for the low boy and I really like it. I couldn’t find anywhere else who made that lid standards so I thought I was going to pay big bucks for something custom but these are actually a good deal and came out nice. Not sure your dimensions but if you’re under 7SF, it’s less than $200. Tsnuami style is $147.27, Classic is $177.43, Pisces EXO is $220.91. I went with Classic, but since my tank is 4x2 (8SF), it was a little more. Cutouts and Doors are extra of course

Attachments

• IMG_0068.png
    IMG_0068.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0798.png
    IMG_0798.png
    229 KB · Views: 17
I woke up to my temp controller reading 71 this morning. After a closer look the temp probe had fallen out and was reading room temp. After replacing the probe I found the tank was actually at 85... I really need to break down that fluval so I can move all my Neptune stuff over. Having a redundant temp probe is a must.
I hate when that happens
Good thing there wasn’t anything at risk

I woke up to my temp controller reading 71 this morning. After a closer look the temp probe had fallen out and was reading room temp. After replacing the probe I found the tank was actually at 85... I really need to break down that fluval so I can move all my Neptune stuff over. Having a redundant temp probe is a must.
I usually cable tie the heck out of my probes. It's so easy to have this happen since most come with terrible suction cups.

Back