Jestersix

Eric's Frag tank!!!

In the last month I've lost five torches. About one per week. They look amazing the night before and then I check my tank before work and they are covered in brown jelly. This morning it was my NY Knicks torch. I need to do something. So I'm starting an in tank treatment of cipro.

I didn't have enough time to set up a qt tank for my knicks so I put it in a container and floated it in my sump. This is what it looked like after work today.
View attachment 41759

This is what it looked like yesterday...
View attachment 41760
This is my nightmare, sorry you have this happening Eric. Maybe the torch whisperer @Danhsj has any tips?

It's been a little while since I've updated this thing. The 80 frag tank that I set up to hold all my lps is going to crap. I've lost most of my acans and the thing is infested with aptasia and covered in gha. It's sharing the sump for my sps tank that is doing amazing.

I just had Chris from Rhinos Reef print me this amazing photo booth. It really neat and so far its the best one I've used. It has a couple of adjustments on the base so you can either raise the frag being featured or angle it towards the camera.

Here's a Pink Floyd I got from @Rcruz392 before he moved 5 months ago.
IMG_0397(1).jpg

Here it is last night in the photo booth.

20221210_141144.jpg
20221210_141039.jpg

Screenshot_20221211_101446_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221211_101502_Gallery.jpg

It's been a little while since I've updated this thing. The 80 frag tank that I set up to hold all my lps is going to crap. I've lost most of my acans and the thing is infested with aptasia and covered in gha. It's sharing the sump for my sps tank that is doing amazing.

I just had Chris from Rhinos Reef print me this amazing photo booth. It really neat and so far its the best one I've used. It has a couple of adjustments on the base so you can either raise the frag being featured or angle it towards the camera.

Here's a Pink Floyd I got from @Rcruz392 before he moved 5 months ago.
View attachment 43825

Here it is last night in the photo booth.

View attachment 43826View attachment 43827
View attachment 43828View attachment 43829
Love the Macro Shots!

So its been pretty bumpy. The new 60 gallon frag tank only has one drain. Some how the return pump got bumped up to 100%. The m2 vectra pushes a bit more water than that single drain can handle. Tank overflowed a bit and salinity was dropped to 30ppt. A little less than two weeks later the sps losses started. Oh well...

That was almost a month ago. Last Wednesday the power went out for just under an hour. When I came back on my Apex was screwed up and one of my eb832s had blown. Must of lost one of my 3 heaters also because for two morning I woke up and head my inkbird beeping in my garage before leaving for work. Two nights in a row my tanks dropped below 70... 68° to be exact. My carx had also been down for four days.

Yesterday I spent hour pulling every single piece of equipment off my tank and reinstalled everything neatly. If my wires weren't such a rats nest it wouldn't of taken me 4 days to get that power bar swapped out and it would of saved me a lot of headaches.

Everything is up and running better than ever now.

Back