High Tide Aquatics

Euro Reef CS 6-1

patchin

Supporting Member
Does anyone have an opinion on this skimmer? I now have a 40 ga tank with sump and a berlin skimmer which isn't pulling much of anything out. Would like to upgrade to a larger tank between the 60-90 ga range. Any advice? Thanks, Steve

the cs 6-1 (equivalent to ER's RS100 model, except for potentially older sp2 pump) should be fine for a 60-90 gallon tank in terms of size and ER are known for good skimmers.. though people seem to like to 'overskim' and get much larger capacity skimmers for their tanks. this will most likely only be necessary if you are running sps dominated tank with heavier fish bioload.

how much fish bioload do you have in your 40gallon tank? if you don't have much that could be why your skimmer isn't pulling out alot. or if you tank is recently setup (skimmers produce more generally as tanks age/mature)

hope that helps..

I'm down to one butthead gold bar maroon clown. We lost a couple other fish in a screwup when I accident dumped half the water on the carpet. He's a butthead cause he rearranges everything that's not bolted down. So if anyone wants him, he's about 3-4 inches, let me know. I'd much prefer to have a pair of occillaris? clowns from the last meeting. So if anyone has a little something to trade, even a clean-up crew or a lps frag, let me know. He eats well, very healthy.

Back