got ethical husbandry?

Feeding tangs.

In the same squirt bottle
LRS: herb, fish, reef
Rod’s: herb, original
PE Mysi
And a cube of SFBB: emerald entre, blood worms, reef plankton, daphnia, cyclops, omega brine, hufa brine, coral food, mysid shrimp

And in auto feeder (1,2,2,1 rotations)
Mix
Formula 1 and 2 pellets
Spectrum theraA

Fish are finicky and timid
Not all fish like the same food
But if you offer the widest variety then you have the best chance for success

That IM algae grazer is crap. I had one. The magnet on the inside will rust. Buy a roll of plastic mesh gutter guard and wrap it around a pvc fitting or use it with a clip. Not exactly sure what type of plastic it’s made out of, but it’s the same mesh Ocean Nutrition uses for their Grid Feeding Clips. Does not rust or corrode either according the the manufacturer.
View attachment 26492
I like your idea. Just got this from Amazon .

Attachments

• DDB71C2F-F127-43DD-9697-00508DC63EC3.jpeg
    DDB71C2F-F127-43DD-9697-00508DC63EC3.jpeg
    75.7 KB · Views: 143
May not be applicable here since it was specifically about seahorses which are adapted to only eating live foods in the wild and have different stomach physiology, but recently the sea horse whisperer lady (forget her real name) on the reef beef podcast (w @Thales) mentioned it was potentially seriously bad for them to eat food that wasn’t freshly unfrozen due to bacteria, and also how it could be contaminated form bacteria already in the tank if it sits for basically any length of time in the tank before being consumed. Food for thought to me at least.
she specifically recommended against leaving thawed food in a fridge for a long time, but admitted fish were largely different than seahorses.

Back