High Tide Aquatics

Finally happened LF suggestions

ryanraff

Supporting Member
Hey guys,

Knew the day was coming eventually and just not in a position to move my tank over yet into the reefer 350 i got sitting.

Looks like the beautiful desjardini sailfin i got from tankguy needs a bigger tank, open to other feedback as well as im not completely convinced thats the issue just yet. Coral and all other fish seem to be doing normal, no recent changes to the tank, but its day 4 now and the sailfin doesnt want to eat. Mood just isnt normal, just seems depressed swims in one spot and into his night routine a little earlier now. No signs of scale issue or body changes, really just the recent behavior trend and not eating.

Not sure what this means for his future but i got a buddy who will let me house him in his larger tank to potentially give him a chance at a brighter future.

Open to suggestions, tried his favorite nori but that didnt work, feed mysis every other day.

Thanks for any feedback!

I don’t have any useful input regarding what your next step should be, but I have a club Nyos floating magnet trap in Walnut Creek if you want to borrow it. @Srt4eric also has one in San Jose I think.

If it is your tank journal tank, I think it is small enough that you can get a trash can or big plastic bin, put all the rock and coral in it for the 10 minutes you need, and catch the fish with 2 nets or a breeder box and net.

Appreciate it guys @JVU @H2OPlayar was able to get him with my hands today, he found a new spot away from the flow to chill out in. Noticed signs of a potential bladder infection. When i moved him manually he didn’t fuss and strength was relatively still there, but when faced with flow he would gets pushed around.

Have not dealt with this in the past so curious if anyone on BAR has and if the internet approach of limiting feeding and trying peas is a good idea.

i do mean swim bladder* so he gets pushed backwards, sideways, pretty much any direction in light flow. This morning he found a perch where he could sit right side up, but often cant manage to hold himself in that position without support from a nearby rock

Back