Reef nutrition

Firereefer's 168g

I know I didn't get a great look at the tank seams with the photos. How do they look in person? From the little I've seen on the photos, it worries me a bit.

I know I didn't get a great look at the tank seams with the photos. How do they look in person? From the little I've seen on the photos, it worries me a bit.
He said all the seams were redone. Silicone job looks a little sloppy.

Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for?

I mean first off, I would be concerned with any tank that was possibly resealed by someone that would be that sloppy. If you want us to tell you what to be possibly concerned with, take some photos of the seams and post them here. We can give you our opinions.

I mean first off, I would be concerned with any tank that was possibly resealed by someone that would be that sloppy. If you want us to tell you what to be possibly concerned with, take some photos of the seams and post them here. We can give you our opinions.
Yea some random point in the future all you need is to be laid back watching tv and your living room is flooded and all the fish and corals are flopping around on the floor, worst would be your not at home. I would personally wanna make sure the seams are legit. Before investing Heavily with stocking. Going by the fact you said you seen a sloppy job. I don't think any local shop that cares about reputation would take on the risk and possible liability of resealing a tank. So more than likely someone’s diy attempt. I do hope however the more experienced people he here after seeing better pictures of the seams find that it’s a sufficent reseal job.

Wishing you the best of luck as I've been loving your updates thus far .

Last edited:
Yea some random point in the future all you need is to be laid back watching tv and your living room is flooded and all the fish and corals are flopping around on the floor, worst would be your not at home. I would personally wanna make sure the seams are legit. Before investing Heavily with stocking. Going by the fact you said you seen a sloppy job. I don't think any local shop that cares about reputation would take on the risk and possible liability of resealing a tank. So more than likely someone’s diy attempt. I do hope however the more experienced people he here after seeing better pictures of the seams find that it’s a sufficent reseal job.

The thing is you will never know how well the cleanup was done, which is really important.

Sounds good. I'll take a few pics when I get back from work on Friday.

That would be tragic!

1000001482.jpg
1000001490.jpg

Good shot of Cuzco the Emperor Angel.

1000001492.jpg

Clean up crew and a cleaner shrimp have arrived.

1000001485.jpg

Messed around with the pump and got the water in and out stable in the "fuge." I guess it's somewhat of a chaeto reactor of sorts. I still don't trust the system to run 24/7 so I shut the supply off while I'm not in the room.

BRS shipment comes Thursday so I'll be able to add the gfo and carbon reactors this weekend. And possibly plumb in the fuge. Also going to add 1/4" or 1/2" push connect bulkheads to the fresh water 10g reservoir so it can be covered and run/filled without having access to the top.

How is the floe to and from that refugium?
How does it flow?
1/2" Tee off 1" return line gated down with a ball valve. Then varios 2 returns the water to the sump. Flows are matched as best as possible making sure the water in the fuge is the one draining faster. Varios 2 float switch cuts off when sump gets too high.

How much is the flow?
Not sure exactly. Enough to tumble the chaeto.

Cute copilot! Did the tank come with a lid? Would hate to see any of those fish carpet surf (the most recent Reef Beef episode with the slappin fish in the night made me think of it).
No, I will have to work on that. Large euro brace, but still a ton of room to jump for freedom

Back