got ethical husbandry?

First Reefing adventure.. 65G AIO

Updating this build thread. Some of you probably aware my tank crashed. Probably 60% coral died, lost a tang , damsel and anthias. Clowns pair survived along with most lps. Most acro didn’t make it.

Time to move on. Going to be brave this time and getting a pair of multibar angels from biota. Maybe I’ll regret it but they are one of my fav fish. Going to skip tang as my now dead purple got a bit aggressive as he gets older.

It’s just going to be 4 fishes for now.

Slowly restocking corals.

Today’s the day I supposed to get a pair of Multibar from biota. Looks like UPS messed up the delivery. The package supposed to on on the truck enroute for delivery by noon. At 1pm, I tracked down the truck via the app a couple of blocks away but per the driver my package is not in her truck! She asked me to call ups and they will get back to me. The fish is probably not going to make it in this heat. Sad .

Of course UPS never get back to me.

I hate buying live animal online for this reason. I’m sure biota will compensate for the fish, but killing 2 fish isn’t great.

There is still glimmer of hope the fish will make it. Hoping for the best.

That really sucks. I have heard some really hope-inspiring successes, so don't count the fish out.

Your easiest option will probably to float, and then as fast as possible cut the bag, pour the contents into a bucket through a net (which catches the fish), and plop and drop into your tank or QT

You can also try dripping it, but you would need to ensure no gas exchange and I feel like that would be far more trouble than it's worth + risk of leak

Don't rush yourself when they arrive, they can survive another hour to ensure better introduction.

That really sucks. I have heard some really hope-inspiring successes, so don't count the fish out.

Your easiest option will probably to float, and then as fast as possible cut the bag, pour the contents into a bucket through a net (which catches the fish), and plop and drop into your tank or QT

You can also try dripping it, but you would need to ensure no gas exchange and I feel like that would be far more trouble than it's worth + risk of leak

Don't rush yourself when they arrive, they can survive another hour to ensure better introduction.
Yeah, biota specifically advise against drip. Float the bag and that’s it.

Pictures!!
They are hiding in the main tank now. I’ll get some pictures when they get comfortable with the new surroundings and start venturing out.

I also got 6 peppermint shrimp to get free shipping. Man they are tiny . Hope the bristle worms don’t chom them down.

Both of them start exploring

Attachments

• IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 52
Update on the new addition

Both Multibar seems to settle in. Start exploring the tank but I suppose the high flow still intimidating to the tiny fish.

Picking on the rocks and appear to be well fed. I feed 3x a day via avast plank with a combination of freeze dry mysis , small pellets and avast reef jerky. Didn’t see the angel actively going after the food in the water column but to be honest it’s hard to see when they are darting from rocks to rocks and seems to avoid open water for now.

So far so good

Back