got ethical husbandry?

Fish skin art

Work in progress is still healing.........Friend or Foe?
IMG_0688.jpg

Ten Four. I go in today to complete the seaweed boarder and about 50% of the background color fill. I'm hoping she finishes the fins on Mr Evil Grin today too. Ouch, ouch. Here's one of Trish, my step daughter at work on the "Turf" part of surf and turf. She works out of 415 Tattoo in S.F. about three blocks from O.T. I always stop in to see Derek if I'm there when he's open.
P1010001.jpg

If I were to go with underwater themed tattoos I would have mine done by Deano Cook. The guy blows me away.
OSPREY-DEANO%20COOK.jpg
d7.jpg
d11.jpg

I don't think I will ever get tattoos, I have always really wanted them but as the times change so does my mind. If I would have taken the plunge when I first wanted one I would have Yoda smoking a blunt on me somewhere. A few years later I was into tribal style tattoos but thinking back on it, I probably wouldn't like it anymore. My current idea for a tattoo is a Japanese style: snake (year i was born in) on one arm, a tiger and an eagle on the other arm, im half korean so the tiger, and half German so the eagle, could go with bald eagle for American. But I am so picky on who I would have do the tattoo and it would cost me so much money, it would probably never be done.

That artwork is amazing Erick, thanks for sharing.

One thing I've found that help in getting good ink is to find an artist that has a style you connect with. After almost 20 years of not getting ink due to not being inspired by any of the artists I met with, I found someone who I really like and trust (Bryn Taylor). I trust his design will be what we discussed, and due to the freedom I give him not only are the designs interesting and amazing, he puts his heart into it and the details come out in the work.

Someday you may find your artist and in a way that's not good because tattooing is very addictive, I have chair time booked on Monday for new work while neglecting to badly needed touch ups. :D

Nice, one of the guys I would want to tattoo me is in New York also, Mike Rubendall. http://kingsavenuetattoo.com/pages/artists.html

Edit: Oh! new work, not new york :p

Hairy and happy sun :)

That's your new one Jeremy? I like it. A sun is the only one I really have contemplated. I have around birth mark on my should I wanted to put a tribal sun design around... then I remembered I'm scared of needles :lol:

Hell! Ya look like a cave man Dude! (hehe)

Great work, Jeremy! Very nice addition. Looks like about a two hour session. OUCH!
I've only got about two or three sessions left to complete the undersea "mural"

Your sun artwork reminds me of Robert Crumb or Rick Griffin images.
Both artists that surely influenced me back when....

Those are some nice tattoo's guys. My next tattoo will be a half sleeve of a Hawaiian tribal design. I'd also like to get a tattoo of sea life art similar to the artwork by Lassen and Wyland.

GreshamH said:
Hairy and happy sun :)

That's your new one Jeremy? I like it.

Yes it is, I really got blood from a turnip on it, Bryn took 3 hours to design it and drew I don't know how many images before he nailed the angle on the face and the attitude.

screebo said:
We're coming out of the woodwork! My second to last session on the seascape is today. She always tells me, "about two more sessions" but it seems to grow to "two or three"....

Tell me about it, I have a few old tats that need to be incorporated into the design so that really slows things down. The angler fish has been on my body for almost 20 years, he needed to be freshened up :D

Back